buying a ipod touch 2nd gen. Best place to buy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouch6, Sep 18, 2008.

1. itouch6 macrumors newbie

I am going to buy a new ipod touch soon but was wondering which place has the best warranty on it (Best buy, circuit city, apple). I have had a best buy warranty before and had a bad experience.

I don't know if it was just a one time thing but I was wondering what other peoples thoughts of the best place to buy a new one.

Thanks

2. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I would go to the apple store and get applecare. Its like 60 dollars extra and extends the coverage from one year to two. You can also buy the iPod and the applecare at any of those stores.

3. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Go to the Apple store and get the Apple care protection plan as barr08 suggested.

4. Bessamy macrumors member

Bessamy

I was thinking of getting mine at Circuit City

And buying the City Advantage Plus plan that covers not only defects but accidential damage. I am a bit of a klutz sometimes. From what I read online, if it is damaged they will replace it once either with the same unit or a gift card in the amount paid.

Anyone ever use the plan before?

Thanks so much,

-Bessamy

5. sebast1anc macrumors member

I purchased mine on Amazon because they do not charge tax in my state (TX), if they don't charge tax in your state that is a savings of about 25 dollars.