Buying a Macbook unibody coz of its design

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by niksynik7, May 10, 2009.

1. niksynik7 macrumors newbie

hi guys,
    I like the style of the unibody macbook very much.
    I have been using windows all my life.
    But i dont know if i will like leopard or not.
    And windows 7 is also coming.How does windows run on a mac
    Is it just as same as on a pc.If there are differences,
    Pls elaborate.
    And also will it last long.
    Thanks
    Niks

2. trevpimp macrumors regular

trevpimp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

From what I heard people say they run vista more smoother than a regular pc.

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

If you like the design and power of a MacBook, then I'd say get a MacBook. You can put Windows on it if you'd like, because a Mac is still a computer, just like an average PC. It just happens to come with a great operating system, which is Leopard.

So you'll like it either way: great machine running Windows, or a great machine running Mac OS X.

4. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

fair call, though it's quite a bit of cash just for design. for example if you're a big game player maybe look elsewhere, but if you are willing to put in a little effort in the beginning os x is a much more pleasurable day to day experience and you can run vmware for any windows necessities other than games.

if you do want games, you can play then in a native environment, but if this is the sole purpose, better value can be had.

the current macbook is a great all-round computer.

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I could still be sticking to some cranky ol' Dell or an anachronistic HP <ugh>.

But I use Apple... and have been using since quite some time and will continue to do so for.... seemingly... a lot more.
    And thats not because I'm some beat-the-pants Apple fan but because of just two things:

1. Hardware Styling
    2. Software chicness and practicality.

The minute Windows gets out a better OS than Mac OS (and truly they've been trying since quite some time without any hint of success) and the minute Dell designs a better hardware I'm skipping board.

Pardon me for blabbering so much but what I meant to say were these 3 things:
    *If you love the machine, you'll love the OS even more... you're gonna forget what Windows looked like (unless you find some Win only software)
    *Win runs better on a Mac than a PC (PCMag actually gave MacBook Pro the Best Vista capable machine title in 2007/8)
    *You'll mostly find praises for Mac on a Mac oriented Forum.... {:

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Windows 7 on a UMB would be a wonderful arrangement. I started this way years back, intending to be a dual-boot MBP but never installed Windows XP.

7. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

It isn't very hard to switch in my opinion. Some things are by far easier like connecting to wifi on hidden networks just to name one that I have to do a lot. The main reason I want a macbook is purely for leopard and I have a XPS desktop that doesn't get turned on hardly anymore and I use my 500mhz powerbook all the time (the design is nice too though).

Try mac and if you hate it then sell it- resale price remains fairly high

8. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

"Coz"? It's B-E-C-A-U-S-E.

Don't by a product like a MacBook because it looks good, get it because it serves your needs.

I don't believe I've ever heard of someone disliking Leopard from a Windows OS.

9. niksynik7 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you guys for your replies.
    Will it last for 4-5 years?
    Once i buy it , i will not be able to resale it, macs are not so prominent in my country & hardly anyone uses mac compared to people who use windows.
    I have seen many people having problems with the trackpad, drivers actually.
    How is the trackpad ?
    Is it the same as i use on a windows machine.

@Benguitar: I am a little hesitant to move to leopard.
    Finding replacements for all my windows apps.
    I will basically need it for college work,internet,moviies,torrenting,music video converting and a little bit of photoshop.

And does the isight work perfectly with msn.
    Thanks

10. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

Don't be an ass.

11. niksynik7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree