Buying a new Iphone 5 (not 5S & 5C)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheStew, Sep 17, 2013.

1. TheStew macrumors member

Hi,
    The 5S and 5C did not impress me enough to buy them instead of the normal 5. I'd rather have the 5 for a reduced price instead of the new 5S/5C (I want the black color too and I don't like the new colors).

I live in Belgium and the new iphones are not for sale here yet and the 5's are still being sold in stores at their normal price (nothing is being sold on apple.be) . Do you think the stores are getting smaller supplies so a 'new' 5 (32GB) at a lower price will never happen?

I also want to note that I don't want to buy a 2nd hand smartphone.

2. whoiare macrumors regular

i agree, when the iphone 5s and c officially become available im hoping to see a reduction of cost of the remaining iphone 5 inventory. Whatever the reduction is, i see it as a win over buying a 5c, unless you really need those other bands of LTE. I feel the battery life and camera all relative items. There would be no reason to buy a 5 if they dont reduce the price.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

The iPhone 5 seems to be discontinued once 5s/c launches. Simply put, and dicsounts will be based on the store wanting to get rid of old model stock. There almost certainly will not be a reduced price 5 sold by Apple.