Buying a new MBP - should I upgrade to the 320gb HDD? Can I upgrade the HDD later?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beyondthesmile, Nov 6, 2008.

1. beyondthesmile macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I'm a PC user and am finally biting the bullet and buying an MBP. I'd like to buy the 2.4ghz MBP and am debating whether to get it with the 250gb HDD (in which case I could just walk into a store and pick one up...instant gratification! LOL) or upgrade it to the 320gb HDD (in which case I'd have to order it online). While I don't think I need more than 250gb of hard drive space it's always nice to have extra. If I pick one up in store could I just have the HDD upgraded, or would it be best cost-wise and time-wise to just customize it and order it online through the website?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. T4Show macrumors newbie

T4Show

The hard drive is insanely easy to upgrade. You can get a 500GB drive for a reasonable price. Use your money for that rather upgrading just to the 320GB.

3. beyondthesmile thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks T4Show! What kind of HDD does Apple use in their computers? Also, if I buy the HDD can I just take it in to Apple and have the current one replaced? I'd rather do that than try to replace it myself. Thanks again!