Buying a T-Mobile iPhone from Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xero9, Apr 5, 2013.

1. xero9 macrumors 6502a

I didn't see a topic on this yet..

Basically, I would like to purchase an iPhone and bring it back for use on WIND in Canada. It seems I can pre-order from T-Mobile directly as of right now, but two problems with that.. 1) it says I can pay full price at checkout. I got to that point, but I saw no way to do that. 2) It wants me to buy a plan. Obviously I don't want to use their service, I simply want to use them as a way to get the phone.

This also brings up another question, which people may not even know the answer to.. If I walk into a store next Friday and pay full price for the phone it will be unlocked, correct? I'd rather buy it directly from the Apple store for this reason, but I have a feeling it might be flooded with other Canadian's doing the same thing :p

2. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

I would give it a try..they should have the "updated/Tweaked" version of the iPhone 5 available everywhere...after all apple is replacing the old iPhone 5 A1428...get a Wind Prepaid SIM and cut it down, go pop it into the iPhone 5 at the store and see if its a go.