Buying advice on a late 2009 27’’ iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nastymrx, Jun 29, 2012.

1. nastymrx, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012

nastymrx macrumors member

Hi, i have the chance to get me a late 2009 27’’ iMac for about 600 british punds.
    (6000 norwegian kroner)

The machine have this specs: Quad core 2.8ghz i7, 8gb original ram. Ati 4850 graphics, and 1tb hdd.

It will be used for Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4. Possible som simple video editing too.

The machine is almost unused. (i know the person selling myself)

is 600£ (6000nok) a good deal for a late 2009?.

2. EntropyQ3 macrumors member

Yes!
    The machine is as fast as the top of the line new ivy bridge notebooks, the screen is super nice apart from glare, and can be driven as a screen by anything with à display port output, as opposed to the new models.

Grab it fast.

3. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

I would get that instantly. I have the same model. I just maxed out the ram to 16GB and it's lovely. I thought about getting the new one, whenever it comes out, but this iMac is more than enough for my needs (photography & web design).

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Sounds like a very good deal, you should buy it.

Something else not mentioned is that it will be upgradeable to Mountain Lion when that is released in July.

With a 2009 production date, I'm guessing that it will be capable of running at least one more, possibly two future Mac OS releases -after- ML. Maybe even three....

5. nastymrx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all. Getting it today. Just have to do som work for the guy, transferring all data over to a mbp.