buying an iphone for clutsy (yet beautiful) wife

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macabouttobe, Nov 11, 2008.

1. macabouttobe macrumors regular

macabouttobe

I've done tons of research on cases, and I have to throw in the towel because I've found too many options.. Any suggestions on a case (or protector) that doesn't make thing's too bulky and allows her to answer her phone without opening anything up. Looking for personal experiences. Thanks for answering something that has been answered many times already.

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

The kind of protection this broad needs will probably not be the coolest looking case if she is as big of a clutz as you say. But a bull in a china shop couldn't hurt the otterbox. They have a pink one too. I think im gonna get my wife one.

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I use the inCase Slider (you can get it at the Apple Store). I really like it. Solid protection, and the bottom slides off to use different docks.

It's $35 which is too much IMO, but it's a great case.

4. ILBandit macrumors regular

Just my opinion. I just got a red SGP case. I love this thing, it doesn't add hardly ANY bulk to the phone at all, and feels great. It's alot easier to hold on to now. But it doesn't offer near as much protection as an otter box, or anything bigger like that. Here's some pics..... (sorry for the poor quality, just snapped them real quick to add to this post)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. macabouttobe thread starter macrumors regular

macabouttobe

Thanks for the feedback all. I'm getting the feeling of getting the one above, just for grippability (is that a word?) and at least minimizing the chances for a large slip/drop..

As always thanks,

6. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

I have a black sgp case www.sgpstore.com and I love it. I had an Incase and although the incase did provide more protection, I didn't like the bulk. The SGP case adds almost zero bulk to the phone yet still offers some protection.

Please note however that this case does not cover the chrome bezel so it is prone to scratches.

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

my wife and I got the griffin iClear. It's stylish and seems pretty tough to me.

9. ImOnThEmAcWaGoN macrumors newbie

I bought a blue iSkin Solo im not sure if I'm aloud to post external links but here it goes

www.iskin.com

they are a little expensive but they fit like a glove and cover not only the back but the silver around the front edge which can scratch easily it leaves the rest open which is nice... the skin also comes with a screen protector so that your wife wont scratch the screen. they have white, black, blue and red:D

10. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

ok i had the same deal, i have gone through over 8 phones in 1 year so i needed a good case.

What you need is an invisible shield for the back, zagg.com, and some sort of static sling front protector, you can get them from apple and i would buy 2 sets(4 screen protectors) and they are great. no residue or anything left on the screen and they are really easy to use, i use a new one every month because they get really dirty and they can get scratched, but its worth it.
    And for a case i would get a speck pixel skin, and they come in pink :D

The cases are increadibly durable, i drop mine all the time and its fine.

11. navigates macrumors 6502a

If you really wanna surprise her and yourself. Get this for her. I would but she had already ordered the other Vaja Case.

http://www.vajachoice.com/id/flash_v1.nsf/Main?OpenPage&codigoProd=cap36Aqk

12. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

+1 on the Griffin iClear

13. mindylkelly macrumors newbie

Diamond Case

Speaking as a woman who is into fashion, I bought a black iPhone and this very cool and durable case (I drop things too).

http://www.more-thing.com/diamond-2-series.html

I absolutely love it!

I also bought the matte screen protector film from Apple and I'm very happy with it.

Mindy

14. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

LMAO! Man oh man, that's pretty harsh!

15. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I'll need some photo's of your wife before I can properly analyze the situation. clothing optional.

16. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

x2 on iClear :D It's been holding up really good and no doubt it still shows the iPhone's aesthetics while protecting it. Highly recommended.

17. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

If you want slim go with a seidio innocase II... same coverage as a incase slider but only .8mm thick.. it is actually thinner then a SGP... SGP is roughyl .87mm.... gives a nice rubbery grip and full chrome protection... here's a couple pictures of my black one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ImOnThEmAcWaGoN macrumors newbie

That's funny!