Buying at Apple Store Vs Telecoms

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gloryunited, Nov 11, 2011.

1. gloryunited macrumors 6502

What are the differences between the following 2 options?

A: Buy iPhone 4S at Apple Stores with contract (not outright purchases)

B: Buy iPhone 4S at telecoms/carriers, obviously on contract​

Is it something to do with subsidised price, or Genius Bar service eligibility?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

No, no real difference. Except in special circumstances, like upgrading a different line and doing a swap, Apple can't do that.

3. gloryunited thread starter macrumors 6502

So when buying iPhones on contract at Apple Stores, they charge you subsidised prices as well?

well...I'm not talking about the US where prices are announced by Apple and seem to be fixed at $199/299 something like that.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, you get subsidized at Apple on contract.

5. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

around here at least, you have a much better chance of actually getting the phone at Apple. your cellular retail stores are sold out around here and look to be that way for awhile.

After I sold and shipped my 4, i got very lucky and found the last one in the area at Best Buy.

6. GiantSteve macrumors member

Buy Local

If you have a locally owned authorized reseller near you it can be a great option. The great stores in the industry (and I am lucky to live near one) will go out of their way to deliver amazing service and know how to work with the carriers to your best advantage. On top of that you have the satisfaction of supporting a locally owned business in your community.