Buying at Local Store VS AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appygirl82, Oct 5, 2012.

1. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I purchased my white iPhone 16g on 9/29. I am like most others and stuck in the 14-21 day timeframe for shipping.

However just now I saw on the Apple site that my local store has them in stock right now. When I ordered mine through AT&T I had to add a line since my current 2 lines are not up for upgrade.

Can I get my phone through apple store and still make this all work with my new line? Can I cancel the AT&T order? How does this work?

2. aham23 macrumors regular

i just posted this in another thread but i ordered a white 32gb from ATT online with an initial wait of 14-21 days on 9/29. it shipped 10/4 and is listed to arrive 10/8. i paid for 2 day shipping. im satisfied with that. good luck.

3. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Call AT&T customer service and see if you can cancel the order. If so, then you can can order on Apple.com, reserve it for in store pick up, and set it up as a new line on an existing account. But, it all starts with you calling AT&T to see what you can do first.

4. appygirl82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Well 2 Apple stores in my area had some in stock and about 20 mins later....NONE. Grrrr....oh well. Guess back to waiting :rolleyes: