Buying experience at Carrier Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sarcosis, May 6, 2012.

1. sarcosis, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012

sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I read an interesting article below about how Verizion is pushing it's other smartphones over the iPhone just due to the fact that it has 4g. While I do believe it's commendable that they want to get everyone on 4g, it seems to me that they are using that as the main determinate as what constitutes a good phone. I think they need to educate and sell the customer on the overall package vs a specific tech since there are so many factors that go into liking your device. If you sell a device that's a mismatch if you are looking for commission and based on what you alone think and it doesn't quite match up to what your customer is looking for, you end up with a lost customer.

I don't know if this has been brought up before (did a search and didn't find anything), but what's everyone experience? I've only been on AT&T and we all know AT&T loves the iPhone.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/03/technology/verizon-iphone-sales/

2. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

I think if you want to look at several different options go to Best Buy. They seem to be more well rounded. Otherwise I would just go in tell them exactly what you want.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

yep they also go by commission or incentives, personal likes or what they know best. the salesmen that doesn't like apple probably isn't going to try to sell it to hard. when I buy something I usually do my homework 1st find out my personal wants and needs. I don't depend on the salesperson to tell me what my wants and needs are. I might here the suggestion out but in the end i'm buying it.

4. sarcosis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Very true. I do the exact same thing. Homework generally means a better buy in the long run. But there are so many of the masses that don't do a lick of research. I guess it would serve them right, but still kind a stinks overall. I do find it ironic that the iPhone still leads sales even though this kind of stuff happens.