buying iPhone 4S at Apple store in London

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jalamanta, Dec 8, 2011.

1. jalamanta macrumors newbie

Hello everybody!
    I have a friend who will go to London next week. I was wondering if its possible to just walk in and buy sim-free phone without pre-ordering it? I've just read that Apple is having shipment problems in UK. So, any chance? :(

2. popeye2755 macrumors newbie

If they have them in stock, no problem. The Manchester store gets deliveries every day, but they're not sure what they're going to get until the delivery arrives(!) The Manchester store certainly had 4S in stock on Tuesday, I bought 3 of them...

3. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Yep they definitely have them in stock (Regent Street & Convent Garden stores) and you can buy them sim-free.

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I was in the Regent Street store yesterday while buying a mouse, there were loads of 4Ss on display, all of which are SIM-free.

5. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Although they do have stock the display models aren't current stock indicators - they never sell those.

6. salacious macrumors 6502a

i walked into carphone warhouse 2 days ago in holborn, bought a 4s for my gf 16 gb, they gave it to me simfree but say itl lock to the first simcard inside it.. use the website itl tell you what stores have them instock.

7. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

I asked in my two local shops (cardiff and bristol) and they said the only way to get one at the moment is to go online at 9pm the day before and reserve one.

I tried this for about 4 days and they always sold out straight away but on tuesday i went on the site a 8:56pm and was able to order one. looks like they put them on a bit earlier for some reason.

Might just be able to walk in in bigger stores though

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

As above u have to reserve the day before after 9pm which isn't a killer!

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Carfone Warehouse do not at this time supply the iPhone 4s on p.a.y.g or sim free, but only on contract.

I would check your deal out incase you have ended up with a contract !!

10. salacious macrumors 6502a

you made me panic for a second!!, but actually i didnt sign up to no contract, nor can i get a contract as im blacklisted, and i paid with a credit card, which you need a debit card for pay monthly. i got the receipt, i checked the website just now and your right at this moment they dont seem to sell the 4s pay as you go? which they did do, i didnt get any sim with the phone, so i guess im allright

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Did you pay £499 for the 16gb iPhone 4s or have they sold you the iPhone 4 ?

Does your model have siri ?

12. salacious, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

salacious macrumors 6502a

mate on the reciept it says iphone 4s £499, the box says iphone 4 s, i havent opened it coz its for my gf i already have a iphone 4s i ordered from apple store, this is the iphone 4s, its on no network, they did sell the 4s on pay as you go, there were deals for 02, 3 vodafone and orange... why the hell they aint now i dont know???

Attached Files:

• car.jpg
      car.jpg
      File size:
      58.6 KB
      Views:
  13. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Lol

Well I'd like to congratulate you on achieving what's not available to others in the highstreet.

I've only seen it available on payg thro Vodafone.

Your partner is one lucky person who I hope enjoys her new gadget present.

Take care.

14. jalamanta thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thank you guys. I just hope he will be able to buy one cause here in Russia the official launch will be on the 16th of December and the minimum price will be $1150 for 16gb model :mad:.

15. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

No I saw them in that Express Shopping thing they've set up for Christmas - they all looked like sealed retail boxes to me.