Buying iPhone 4S from Apple store with VZW Business Account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by comper, Oct 25, 2011.

1. comper, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

comper macrumors member

I reserved a 4S tonight around 9PM to pick up at my local Apple store tomorrow. When I check the upgrade eligibility on Apple's site, it says I'm not eligible. However, I know that I am due for an upgrade as the Verizon website says so. Like the title says, I'm on a business account.

Has anyone else bought one from the Apple site or in store on a Verizon business account? Even when I go to purchase one online (just to see if it will work), I still get this after typing in my number, zip code, social and billing password:

"Your account is not eligible.

We're sorry. Your existing rate plan is not an eligible Verizon Wireless iPhone plan. You can proceed by activating a new Verizon Wireless account now or visit a Verizon Wireless store to keep your current phone number."

I'm not sure if that eligibility checker is geared towards individual or family plans or what. I just don't want to drive 40 minutes only to be told that I can't upgrade because their system says I can't, even though Verizon's system says I can. Any insight would be appreciated.

edit: I guess Apple stores don't do anything with business accounts. Darn, thought I was getting one tomorrow :p

2. comper, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011

comper thread starter macrumors member

I called up my local store and they said they CAN deal with Verizon Business accounts, just not AT&T ones. I just reserved a 4S. However, if anyone has upgraded in an Apple store with a Verizon Business account, feel free to let me know how it went.

edit: Just in case anyone is wondering, Apple was able to give me my upgrade and renew my contract on a Verizon business account. I had to stand in line for an hour so luckily it worked out for me!

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

We didn't try the apple store' but we were unable to buy our 4's at best buy because it was a business account. We walked across the parking lot to the Verizon store and was out with 2 phones in 15 minuntes.

I can see the apple store being able to do more, but I'm not sure I'd hold my breath either you know?