Buying iPhone 5 at Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fleshman03, Sep 21, 2012.

1. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Question: I didn't preorder an iPhone 5. I know, that was not a smart move. However, I went to my local Best Buy today to see what we could do. They ran out of the Black AT&T 64GB. He said to call back tomorrow and more stock was coming.

Does that make sense? Would they really get more stock in 1-day after launch?

2. psblake macrumors member

Yes honestly the best way to get an Iphone on launch day or shortly after is to go to an out of the way best buy or best buy mobile.

3. fleshman03 thread starter macrumors 68000

fleshman03

I honestly thought that was what I was doing. :cool: I recently moved to Iowa and live in a small, urban city. (<80,000) I figured that would prevent my need for a preorder. I was wrong.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give them a ring at open.

4. psblake macrumors member

Yeah I bet it is because it is a 64 you are looking for, did they have any 32s in stock when you went in?

5. fleshman03 thread starter macrumors 68000

fleshman03

They only had some 32GB Verizon iPhones. It seems the Verizon phones were not selling as quickly in our area. Which is weird, since Verizon is the only service provider with LTE. (HSPA+ on ATT.) I guess lots of people don't want to give up their unlimited plans? (I'm getting this from calling everyone who sold an iPhone in our town. Most had Verizon Phones in stock.)

My local AT&T store said, "What do you expect on iPhone launch day." Apparently they only received two 64GB versions. If I can avoid it, I don't really want to spend money at that store.

I honestly can live with a 32GB phone, but would prefer a 64GB. Maybe that flexibility will give me the needed edge.