buying iphone 5 to sell on craigslist

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itouchaddicted, Sep 13, 2012.

1. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

So not trying to start a sarcastic war here but I just want to know if this is possible. I am not an ATT, sprint or verizon customer. I have straightalk. I was thinking about preordering ATT 16 Gig iphone 5 and than selling it for a profit. How can I buy one, is the question considering they ask you to pick plans and stuff or do they ask you all that info when you have iphone in hand and when you :cool:activate it.:confused:
    thanks

2. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

Given that you're on a forum that's full of people who will for the most part be desperately hoping to get their hands on an iPhone 5 in the first wave because THEY want one, to actually use, not to make profit... do you REALLY expect to get a positive response to this?

3. christyn macrumors 6502a

You have to pick a plan when you preorder, as well as pay for the first months service before you can cancel and pay the ETF...

So I doubt you'll make the profit you're thinking you will..

4. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Unless you are planning to order at no-contract pricing, which isn't available yet, this makes no sense.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

People do it every single year. CL will be flooded with i5s.

6. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

Supply won't be strained enough for you to make any decent profit by doing this.

The iPhone 4 was the last time Apple didn't produce enough supply to meet demand at launch.

7. itouchaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

got my answer. thanks

8. stockk macrumors newbie

Thanks for asking this, there were some people wondering the same thing.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Gee... I still do not get why folks here in the US do not just get a 2 year contract with cheap pricing. I have contracts as well, but in all reality I will stay with my carrier for 2 years. Monthly pricing is the same, with full paid or discount phone.

I just don't get it.

10. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

What if you need a phone and are only half way through your contract? Or less. You can't get a discounted phone. You have to pay full price for the phone.

11. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Or... you don't want to lose your unlimited data plan... yes you don't get it because you are not informed... :)