Buying iPhone in UK with Cash/Credit Card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zach23, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Zach23 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Around July 6th I'm going to be in the London and I'm wondering what you need to need to purchase an unlocked iPhone 4 in the apple store. I know in the US you need to buy it with a credit card and not cash. If they even have iPhones in stock what will I need to purchase one in London? Also can you buy unlocked iphones in the store or is it only online?

Thanks!
    Zach

2. knuster macrumors regular

knuster

want to know the same thing:

cash or credit card for pickup on 24 june in regents street London??

3. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Cash should be fine, never had any problems in the past. Can you guys claim VAT back as well?

4. knuster macrumors regular

knuster

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

That's what we class as a payg phone. They give you a phone and you pick which carrier and they give you a sim card package for whichever you choose obviously you could refuse the sim card.

6. simply258 macrumors regular

Now that it has gone on sale, can anyone confirm if it's possible to buy it with cash ?

7. abcdefghijklmno macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Payg is not exactly what the op means. We in the UK are able to buy the iPhone, from Apple, SIM-free and not locked to any carrier. These prices are as published £499 / £599 on http://store.apple.com/uk

Payg iPhone 4 handsets are not available as such at the moment. When they are they would typically be slightly cheaper than the SIM-free model and locked to that carrier.

To answer the op, a guy in front of me bought an iPhone 4 SIM-free with cash on launchday from the Apple store Trafford Centre, Manchester.

A

8. Stiss macrumors 6502a

I bought a unlocked iPhone 4 on launch day from Apple with a card. I like the poster above was at Apple Trafford Centre.

They didn't want any kind of ID just a email address to email your receipt to. I took a bank statement with me and I always carry my drivers license just in the eventuality they go all crazy and ask for stuff like that. They have no reason to though if your buying it unlocked.

9. OziMac macrumors 6502

I imagine the real question is whether or not you'll be able to get stock from one of the UK Apple Stores - how long is their priority list these days?