Buying iPhone X from Apple...will I need to call Verizon once I get it?

kingneptune117

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
I'm buying the iPhone X directly from Apple, paying in full. This will be my first time buying a device from somewhere other than the Verizon store.

Once I get it, do I simply turn it on and it will automatically link up to my phone number and that is it? Or do I need to call Verizon to have them activate it or something? I currently have an iPhone 7 - will it automatically be deactivated and unlinked from my number once I turn on the X?

Thanks.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I'm buying the iPhone X directly from Apple, paying in full. This will be my first time buying a device from somewhere other than the Verizon store.

Once I get it, do I simply turn it on and it will automatically link up to my phone number and that is it? Or do I need to call Verizon to have them activate it or something? I currently have an iPhone 7 - will it automatically be deactivated and unlinked from my number once I turn on the X?

Thanks.
When you receive it from Apple, you will have to activate it through calling Verizon at 611. You can use your pre-existing Sim if you want or use the Sim that will be embedded in the iPhone X.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
What? I don’t understand why you need to call anyone. Just remove your SIM from your current phone and insert it into your new phone.

IGotOne

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
What? I don’t understand why you need to call anyone. Just remove your SIM from your current phone and insert it into your new phone.
Provided OP's actually a Verizon customer and not yet another AT&T/T-Mobile customer hoping to score the "best" iPhone X (and never use it on Verizon), swapping the SIM is fine.

Otherwise yep, they can call 611 and get it swapped (the SIM number) in their system.

I'd just swap the SIM. Verizon is going to be swamped.

kingneptune117

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
Provided OP's actually a Verizon customer and not yet another AT&T/T-Mobile customer hoping to score the "best" iPhone X (and never use it on Verizon), swapping the SIM is fine.

Otherwise yep, they can call 611 and get it swapped (the SIM number) in their system.

I'd just swap the SIM. Verizon is going to be swamped.
I asked Verizon. It looks like I can actually just log onto my Verizon and activate the new X online through the My Verizon site.