Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I’m in line for iPhone x now. At a local Apple store, 2 more hours till opening 50 people ahead of me. Will be buying full price

I’m with cricket wireless but plan to buy a t-mobile iPhone x at full price.

I just wanna know what my options are if t-mobile iphone gets sold out.

1) can I buy the ATT or Verizon or Sprint iPhone x at full price without signing up with a plan? I understand I can buy t-mobile without signing for a plan.

Thanks, 2 more hours till the store opens here in the west coast

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Yes. Buy any phone directly from Apple at full price. Walk out. Put sim in. Smile :)

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
Again to reemphasize. If I am a TMobile user, they don't have "TMobile 256" but they have 256 ATT.. Can I buy it and drop a TMO sim?

Trackhead37

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Long Island
Again to reemphasize. If I am a TMobile user, they don't have "TMobile 256" but they have 256 ATT.. Can I buy it and drop a TMO sim?

Yes AT&T phone would work and so would Verizon or Sprint, as the CDMA version also works with GSM but The GSM one only works with AT&T or T-Mobile. If they don't have T-Mobile, any of the other ones would take your T-Mobile SIM card.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Yes AT&T phone would work and so would Verizon or Sprint, as the CDMA version also works with GSM but The GSM one only works with AT&T or T-Mobile. If they don't have T-Mobile, any of the other ones would take your T-Mobile SIM card.

This makes more sense now, thanks.
[doublepost=1509718332][/doublepost]709 am here, an apple store employee just came outside the mall and made reservations for iPhone x to the people waiting.

I made one for t-mobile 256 in space gray, just need to go in the store and pay when it opens. Can’t wait

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.