Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Hello guys,

I'm planning in buying a new iMac next month. I'm getting the 27" model. My question is... Am I buying in a good moment or I should wait for any new model that is about to hit the stores?

Thanks for the help

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Thanks guys

It looks that there are new iMacs coming soon.

When can I espect them to came out?... When will apple announce the new iMacs?

And

What are the rumors on the new stuff the new iMacs will have.

Thanks

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
Apple might not even release a new iMac. This is a real possibility. They sure aren't promoting it anymore. It's all about slabs and laptops.

Microsoft is going to be pushing their Surface slabs with Windows 8 and they expect PC makers to exit the market.

I'd wait until maybe mid October. After that it's probably RIP iMac.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Apple might not even release a new iMac. This is a real possibility. They sure aren't promoting it anymore. It's all about slabs and laptops.

Microsoft is going to be pushing their Surface slabs with Windows 8 and they expect PC makers to exit the market.

I'd wait until maybe mid October. After that it's probably RIP iMac.

Dumb stuff. Don't listen. iMacs are not dead.

Wait a month or two (end of October is best) and you should have some good idea on the next release.

mcpix

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2005
I agree that we'll probably see a new iMac by mid October. If we do, it will most likely have USB 3.0, a faster processor, an upgraded graphics card and possibly a new anti-glare screen.

At this point I would wait. I really think we're in the home stretch for a new iMac.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Well, I need a new computer for my office so I guess I can't wait for Apple... don't know if there is going to be a new redesign iMac or not... and I can't wait one month... I need the computer by tomorrow... damn!

----------

I'm going to use the iMac for graphic arts (Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop most of the time)... What would be the best buy... the one with 1GB of video ram or the 512MG of video ram?

macmastersam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Essex, england
Hello guys,

I'm planning in buying a new iMac next month. I'm getting the 27" model. My question is... Am I buying in a good moment or I should wait for any new model that is about to hit the stores?

Thanks for the help

It's more of a case of whether you need it or want it.. If you need, buy now, if not, then wait. The next gen of iMacs would probably have a mention in september 12's WWDC IMO, or at the least, have a discreet upgrade to the iMac, such as USB 3.0, ivy bridge and hopefully more RAM.

And sdahe, I love the profile picture!

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
They might have to wait for next year. It isn't like Apple has said they are releasing any new iMacs this year.

Do they ever say they are going to release a product? No! Maybe you have to wait till 2014, they haven't said they are going to release an iMac next year either.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
They sort of said they were when an Apple spokesman retracted a statement made earlier about what exciting things they were planning for desktops next year, this was then changed to only Mac Pro next year. So there was speculation then that there would be some update for iMac this year. Otherwise it means nothing until 2014, which is surely unlikely?

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
It's more of a case of whether you need it or want it.. If you need, buy now, if not, then wait. The next gen of iMacs would probably have a mention in september 12's WWDC IMO, or at the least, have a discreet upgrade to the iMac, such as USB 3.0, ivy bridge and hopefully more RAM.

And sdahe, I love the profile picture!

Thanks!... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.