Buying the new iPhone whenever it is released.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolfpackfan, Jul 23, 2012.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

A question about buying new iPhones. Both my wife and myself are eligible for AT&T upgrades as is my grown daughter who has her own AT&T account. When the new iPhone is released I want to immediately order three new units and want to pick them up at our local Apple Store. I assume there will be no problem with me buying two iPhones for my wife and myself. But what about my daughter? This will be a birthday present for her. She has an old 3GS and it is in such sad shape, it doesn't even ring anymore. Can I order the phone for her or will she have to order it and pick it up herself? Also based upon previous releases how many new iPhones will Apple let me order? Thanks.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

You would have to have her account info or would not get the upgrade price.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

IF you go through apple's online sale I believe you can only update one at a time because as I recall, there is only an option to add new, update current ect. I have purchased more than one in a renew cycle and have never had the option to update more than one line at a time. I could be wrong but don't believe so. You may be able to order 2 if they are unsubsidised but again, I could be wrong. Any one else help this guy/girl out?

As far as your daughter's phone as said above, you would need her info if you wanted her phone subsidised. Also when I ordered our 4s's there was NOT an option to pick up in store like there was with iPad 3. Now I don't know if in store pickup will be available with iPhone 5 but why take that time? Have it delivered to home, job ect so no need to take the time to wait in line.... there will be a line for in store pick up if it's available. It will be a lot shorter but a line all the same. Nice of you to pick up a new phone for your grown daughter. I've told my kids at 18 their own their own lol...... I know this won't be the case but it looks good to talk tough with them. (makes me feel better anyway!) In my house the pecking order is Mom, kids, pets, Dad...... I'm only a bank for withdrawls and the enforcer.

4. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

I can always make it separate orders to upgrade both mine and my wife's iPhones. I kind of wanted to pick it up at the store if possible, just for the excitement of being there. I'm retired, so I don't mind standing in line. Have nothing else to do. If you can't buy and pick it up, I wonder if they will do reservations and pick it up. I think that was how I got my iPhone 4. For daughter, I'll just let her place the order and I'll give her the money. I wouldn't ordinarily do this but she is a School Teacher and really doesn't make a lot of money and she really does need a new phone. And we figured we'd just get her one for her birthday which is in October, so the timing works out good.