buying unlocked iphone 5s or 5c not from apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sawtooth420, Oct 27, 2013.

1. sawtooth420 macrumors newbie

Hi
    I need to buy an unlocked and contract free iphone 5s but i can't order it from the apple on line store because i'm using an international credit card without US billing address and it's not accepted (even if the phone will be shipped to my brother that lives in NY and will bring it to me in EU during his trip in the next 10 days).
    Do you know any other stores where i can buy?
    I looked at amazon but it sells through other sellers and most of the times have mixed reviews that i don't trust a lot.
    Thank is advance

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

3. sawtooth420 thread starter macrumors newbie

not that easy, he's a student...i tried sending him the money with paypal but it takes 30$ plus a low change euro-dollar.

4. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I'm not sure if Apple gift cards can by used internationally. If so, buy an Apple gift card using your credit card for the amount of an unlocked iPhone and give your brother the gift card number to use to purchase in the retail store.

You will have to do some research to verify they can be used internationally.

5. Hempo macrumors newbie

Well the best way is buy it from ebay! Or pay the $30 extra charge to paypal!

6. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Western Union him the money or send him a check.

7. Born2Run macrumors newbie

I ordered my 5s through the US Apple store using a British Visa card, I used my friends address in Ohio as the billing and delivery address! The order went through without any problems and I'm typing this on my phone right now!

8. shayosef macrumors newbie

That.