Buzz Aldrin Throws a Punch at Moon Landing Denier

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 17, 2019.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

I am not one to advocate violence. But I would be lying if I didn't enjoy watching Buzz (at his age) throwing this punch.

2. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

old video, Buzz was sued but won as the other guy (who's famous for stalking Aldrin) was indeed the aggressor.
    I grew up reading sci-fi and thinking that I would see flying cars and Mars colonies... I can't believe that in 2019 we have to see a growing population that believes that we have landed on the Moon (multiple times) and that the Earth is not flat.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Didn't realize it was old (recently uploaded to YT). Thanks. And I agree.

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

yeah it's a few years old, like 2005. The dude is a total stalker, and clearly an idiot.
    I think that they resolved it peacefully, the dude apologized, and they actually had a friendly meeting a few months afterwards.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I love a happy ending. Although, I'm sure the dude still doesn't believe in the moon landing LOL

6. LordVic macrumors 603

I know, old, but still amusing

Pointless anecdote time:
    was listening to the radio the other day (or was that yesterday?) and there was a guest host on. Evening news caster was also on and they were talking about the moon landing. The guest host claimed to be a denier. The response by the news caster.

"Yes, but here in real journalism we deal in facts."

guest host was not back the next day

7. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Yeah this was years ago, but absolutely hilarious. I can’t say I agree with punching the guy, despite apparently a history of harassment- so I won’t say I disagree either. Lesson learned for the moron, that’s how things were settled in 1969.

8. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

There are but a handful of people who should throw a punch at lunar-landing deniers...Aldrin is one.

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I don't condone violence, but in this case Aldrin's punch reminded me of good old mom's light spanking after I did something incredibly wrong... sometimes a good lesson is needed.

10. upandown macrumors 6502a

11. bunnspecial macrumors 604

bunnspecial

Not my first time seeing it, but it always makes me smile.

I'm not an advocate of violence, but the guy harassed an American hero-and apparently the courts agreed that this was indeed self defense.

12. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Yeah, second lesson learned... Good luck suing perhaps one of the most iconic living American heroes.

13. TheFluffyDuck macrumors 6502

In the full video after he gets punched the guys says "did you get that?" to the camera man, and even in this video you can hear him barking directions hoping for a reaction. Buzz Aldrin acted within self defence to a stalker, I think if I got called a coward to my face I would lose my temper as well.

14. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

but but, we do have flying cars, and a Mars documentary called "The Martian"!!

15. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Well someone must have got past any science deniers in government regarding events relying on "presence" of the Washington Monument to lend credence: the launch of Apollo 11 has been projected onto side of the monument as part of the 50th anniversary celebration! CNN tweet put up a video