buzz buzz rattle rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andru1313, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Andru1313 macrumors regular

I have read a few threads on this and wasnt' sure if anyone has had it resolved...

I have an IP5 64g black.. When I am talking on the phone and i get a text (my phone is set to vibrate) it rattles I know its supposed to vibrate... But sounds like something is lose on the inside..

I took the phone back to apple to see if it was broken but they informed me that its the vibrate motor inside. Do you guys hear this rattle with your phone? Its very loud on mine. Even when I have it just sitting and i get a text you can hear something rattle inside..

2. A420Turbo macrumors member

Not a big deal (In fact i almost feel like its a feature lol jk) but my sleep button has a lil play and can hear the vibrate a lil more because of that. Holding it down kinda mutes it. Not a big deal IMO the phone is perfect otherwise.. my luck I'd get a replacement with more problems. If I do eventually bring it in wont be until at least another month from now when they're not rushing them out the factories so much.

3. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

Ifixit on there iPhone 5 tear down said Apple change the vibration motor in the iPhone 5 back to an older style. If you had an iPhone 4 or 4S then the sound and feel of the vibration will be different and may seem like something is wrong when in fact it's not.

I felt the same way the first several times mine vibrated.