Bye Bye Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

Good news! CNN reports Hillary Clinton has moved new leadership into the DNC, choosing Brandon Davis, national political director for the Service Employees International Union, to run the DNC through the general election and until the next party meeting to elect leadership (usually the pick of the party's nominee). DWS keeps her title but is effectively removed from control of the DNC. As Howard Dean notes below, this same thing happened in 2008 when Obama became the presumptive nominee and Dean was the party chairman.

...adding, I'd be shocked if Clinton didn't discuss this change and get Sanders approval of Davis when they met the other night.

Clinton campaign takes control of DNC

Hillary Clinton's campaign is taking the reins of the Democratic National Committee, installing a new top official on Thursday to oversee the party's day-to-day operations through the general election.

Brandon Davis, national political director for the Service Employees International Union, will become the general election chief of staff for the Democratic Party. His selection formalizes the coordination of the Clinton campaign and the committee, a stark contrast to Donald Trump who is currently at odds with his party.

Robby Mook, the Clinton campaign manager, arrived Thursday morning at Democratic headquarters on Capitol Hill to introduce Davis to the party's staff.

~~

Wasserman Schultz welcomed Mook and Davis to party headquarters on Thursday morning. While she will remain in her position as the party's chairwoman, at least through the convention next month in Philadelphia, her role diminishes with the Clinton campaign's takeover of the committee.

The appointment of Davis is intended to allay some of the concerns about party leadership. It is a standard transition, as Clinton becomes the presumptive Democratic nominee.

"This is in fact what happens," Howard Dean, former Democratic Party chairman, told CNN. "Debbie will still have the title, but somebody else will be the effective operator of the DNC. It's Hillary's pick."

In an interview on Thursday, Dean recalled how he transitioned immediately to simply raising money and campaigning for Barack Obama in 2008 after Paul Tewes, a trusted Obama aide, stepped in to lead the committee.

"We basically just turned it over to him and I left the building to him. He ran the DNC," Dean said. "It was very clear I wasn't going to be running the DNC as soon as there was the a nominee."​

2. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

There'd be hell to pay in the media were any Republican to dump a female party chair in favor of a man...

3. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

LOL. The DNC is now run by a second rate Union hack.

4. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

It's just not a secret anymore...

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Why don't you come back when the RNC elects a female chair?

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so that is how they got the Unions to shut up about TPP? by promising SEI morons a cushy job?

7. SusanK, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

SusanK macrumors 68000

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I wish you'd stop and think before your drive by wrong headed posts. SEUI is made up of healthcare workers, govt. employees and property service workers (janitors, security, etc.). Which of these jobs will be outsourced under TPP? Will nurses in Viet Nam be able to wipe my aged ass in NY in 30 years?

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Does it really matter to you who runs the DNC?

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That may be, but we could put Sarah Palin in charge of the DNC and Trump would still lose.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if I would stop to think I would never eat crow, thus I would starve............ :p

12. zin macrumors 6502

I wonder if she's going to follow in the footsteps of her meatshield, President Obama, and reinstate the ban on accepting donations from registered lobbyists.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

DWS had one job and one job only: ensure that Hillary had zero competition. She failed miserably.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Unfortunately, all the third-rate hacks were busy working for the RNC.

The Japanese are definitely working on a robot to do just that.

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

16. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Me no, but the party should care. She was an idiot.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    They're doing a lot of amazing things with the internet these days.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 16, 2016 ---
    It's like this...

...but lower, and in reverse.

18. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

You know you suck when a janitors Union can kick you to the curb.

FWIW...they are predominantly a janitors Union.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Hahaha. (I'm too busy running to eat, so here's a 20-lb robot to feed me tomatoes.) I guess that's less stupid than running with a sandbag in my pack because at least: tomatoes!

You do realize that DWS was replaced by a person and not the entire union, right?

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    When it comes to the Japanese and their robots, they don't think in terms of functionality, but in ****-it-why-not's.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

On that, we agree.

22. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Probably not. All hacks.