Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
Yesterday I changed my password and 5 minutes later completely forgot what I changed it to. I tried using my finger print but it didn't work. and then after my phone was disabled for a minute it didn't give me the option at all. is there any way to get into my phone without having to erase everything on it? or is there any way to trick my phone into letting me unlock it using my finger print?

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Bypass ios 7 on iphone 5s

Lies. Threads like this come up every day where someone tries to get into a passcode protected (stolen) iPhone.

Last edited:

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
yeah im lying that's why im trying to figure out a way to get into it using my finger id... youre so right...

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
Absolutely no way to do it short of a factory restore.

And this will most likely only work if you have the iCloud password for the account the phone is registered with.

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
its just I didn't want to do the restore because I never backed the phone up because I have 3 iphones connected my icloud because I lost my 4 and 5s. and when I was on the phone with apple he was trying to help me back it up but I couldn't because its locked. I do my my apple id though.

----------

okay cool, good for you. I don't care that you don't believe me. but I really don't need your rude comments

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
hard to believe someone forgets the password they just set 5 minutes earlier

no amount of weed can make someone do that

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
well I have blonde hair if that helps lol. no I was just typing random numbers in so it would be hard for anyone to guess. I was pretty sure it was 2861 so I tried it like 5 times originally and then when it didn't work I was like **** what did I change it to. so I went into at&t to see if I had to restore it or what and she said it might be because I didn't update it to ios8. she said my password might be right but since I didn't update it, its not letting me in. idk. if that's the case apple sucks.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
well I have blonde hair if that helps lol. no I was just typing random numbers in so it would be hard for anyone to guess. I was pretty sure it was 2861 so I tried it like 5 times originally and then when it didn't work I was like **** what did I change it to. so I went into at&t to see if I had to restore it or what and she said it might be because I didn't update it to ios8. she said my password might be right but since I didn't update it, its not letting me in. idk. if that's the case apple sucks.

That's not the case. What the AT&T rep told you was completely false.

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
well apple still sucks because if the finger id would have been working I wouldn't be in this situation right now. :mad:

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
yes, I realize that. but before I even disabled it the first time I tried using my finger print. made sure it was clean and everything and it couldn't read it. I even tried my other thumb and no luck either. both iphone 5s's ive owned had the same problem every once in a while with reading my print. I just use it too much I guess.

nightstalkerz

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2013

So you typed in random numbers the first time and then typed in random numbers again to confirm the passcode and then you forgot what you typed in?

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
well they werent completely random. it was something like 2861, or maybe 3861, something in that area, but ive tried everything similar and it hasnt worked. i really wish it would let me use my finger id. i dont understand why it locked me out of that.

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
by how you word it it sounds like you're using prints that aren't even registered with touchid

i guess i worded it wrong then. i originally had my right thumb registered, and then when changing my password i registered my other thumb just so i wouldnt have to guess which thumb is registered every time i try to use it. it wont even let me reset my phone because my find my iphone is on... great luck i have.

PilotTiny

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2013
United Kingdom

Who the hell just randomly chooses a new password without knowing what it is? Nobody on the forum will ever believe you. Just admit you stole an iPhone and then found out it was locked.

brandibrianne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
because if i made it a word or common numbers someone would guess it. my phone has been freezing and acting up ever since so im starting to believe i had the right password all along. mistakes do happen so take your negative comments else where. sorry noone can believe people actually do buy their own iphones. sad world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.