Bypassing RESTORE iPhone message so I don't lose CALENDAR entries (aren't backed up)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sofi55, Feb 20, 2010.

1. sofi55 macrumors newbie

I can't use my iPhone until I RESTORE it. I don't have my Calendar backed up. It was in the middle of updating to the latest iTunes version when I received a call. The call was cut off, I guess when the software was ready to install on the phone. I unplugged it at exactly that time, and now nothing will happen until I RESTORE (I have the "Plug iPhone into USB port" photo on my iPhone screen, and I can't get rid of it. Is there anyway I can bypass this so I don't lose my CALENDAR entries?

2. Pararse macrumors newbie

There's nothing you can do you will loose your calender, if you were updating your iPhone software it should have asked you first if you wanted to back up your phone. Other wise sometimes a reset helps not turning the phone just on and off again if you hold the home button and the off button untill it says "slide to power off" keep holding the two buttons don't slide it and this actually resets your phone (it works with freezing phones too) it's the equivalant Of taking out the battery to do a hard reset