CA establishment Democrats send single payer to committee to die

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Chew Toy McCoy, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

The establishment Democrat leadership of one of the most lefty states in the country and 6th largest economy in the world don't want to figure out how to pay for it. They've even gone as far as saying they first want to see the monstrosity the Republicans are going to attempt to bomb us with first. They also installed a pharmaceutical lobbyist as their chair. They did this already knowing the people were gunning for single payer.

Did the definition of corruption get gerrymandered to exclude politicians? Whenever a politician issues word salad to a question about them clearly not representing their constituents the only answer should be "Because I'm paid off."

Nancy Pelosi is one of the richest, if not the richest woman in the state. But hey, her and her husband sell grapes. In the capitol of tech and the entertainment industry the real rich elite are grape farmers.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

3. Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

4. DanielDD macrumors 6502

They have not figured out financing issues at the moment. Nowhere do they say that they do not want to do so. Furthermore, plenty of countries already figured that out, so I'm sure they will in the future.It seems they did the most responsible thing here. No need to pass something that is not ready to its prime time yet.

Tell exactly how do you go from that statement to corruption, gerrymandering and grapes? I did not follow that.

There you go: http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...-calls-single-payer-1498261105-htmlstory.html

5. Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

So other, and I'd argue poorer in some cases, countries have figured it out but we have no clue?

Going to committee and "until further notice" is political speak for burying it under a slab of concrete. They won't do a thing with it until there is a large scale revolt (unlikely) or when they figure out how to cut their donors in on a piece of the action (likely).

6. Herdfan macrumors 6502

They could start by lowering the overall costs by only covering citizens.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Racism alert!

8. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I support single payer, but as a California resident I would never vote for a bill that provides coverage to illegals. That's completely ******* insane, and will result in 99.9% of Mexico's population crossing the border for some free healthcare. Only LEGAL residents of California (must reside in the state for at least 12+ months) should qualify, otherwise the system will go broke in no time.

9. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

I'd like to see California try it, but they have some serious outstanding debts already. They need to deal with those first and get their fiscal house in order before the single payer can be rolled out. All those state pensions have to be dealt with and so does their infrastructure issues. No doubt the tax payers will have to take it on the chin but it seems to be what they want.

10. Herdfan macrumors 6502

How in the world is that racism? I didn't say Mexicans (nationality, not race BTW) or anything similar. There are plenty of Caucasian illegals who should be excluded as well.

11. jkcerda, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017

jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Adjust thy sarcasm meter I think ZA is just beating liberals to the punch who will accuse you of racism for daring to say benefits should be for citizens

12. Chew Toy McCoy, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017

Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I think we will get single payer for all eventually but almost no politician is focusing on making that work. What they are focusing on is continually lining the insurance and pharmaceutical industry's pockets who in turn give them money for as long as is possible.

Most politicians turn to mush when getting a hard question from a common citizen. How quickly do you think they fold when facing a well seasoned lobbyist throwing money at them behind closed doors.