Cain pulls a Perry, can't answer question on Libya

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Omigosh. Perry, I can sort of sympathize with -- we all get brain lock from time to time. But this, this is just pathetic:

Wow. Compared to this, Perry looks positively eloquent.

If the sexual harassment charges don't kill off his campaign, stuff like this will.

2. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Newt is next in line as the Not!Romney candidate. And that gives me piss shiver.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Libya...let's see, If I say yes does that mean I agree with Obama? No, that won't play well with the anything the incumbent does is evil crowd. If I say no, wait, then Saddam Hussein would still be in power, right...and that is bad. But then they might sell nukes to China and make them a nuclear power.

My head hurts.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sarah Palin with a penis.

It's quite funny how the party is looking for anyone but Romney. I have enjoyed each *******e crazy Rep. who has occupied the top of the polls and look forward to a month or so of Gingrich's greatest hits. Hang in there Huntsman, the one candidate who could beat Obama.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

At least it gives the public hope that they too could run for president.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's fun to watch each candidate rise up and then spectacularly flame out in their own unique way, so I really can't wait for Newt to rise up enough that the media remembers what an epic dork the guy really is and the other candidates start taking potshots at him.

Huntsman seems so unloved, I think he'll fly under the radar. Paul has a rapid following, but I just don't seem him having the same surge because the party is really looking for something they just don't have and Paul is a known quantity.

I say it goes Newt and then Santorum. Then it might round-robin with Bachmann getting a new surge from Iowa.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah, what IS up with Santorum? Why don't Republicans like him? He seems to be aligned with the GOP platform and agenda. Sure he doesn't have much charisma but then neither do any of the others really. He talks about bombing Iran, families and 1 man 1 women marriage. You would think he would be top of the polls all along. But yet he has not and I don't understand that.

8. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

I'd said this with Perry in the other thread, I'll say it with Cain.

As a Republican I do not want to see Cain anywhere near the White House. Thay guy is pretty loony imo, and he keeps blabing about that damn 999 plan.

Guy: "This is a question for Cain about immigration"
    Cain: "999 AMURRIKKA"

Guy: "This is a question for Cain about gay marriage"
    Cain" NINE NINE NINE! GOD BLESSS AMURRRRICCAAA"

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

LOL.

I thought Palin had a penis. She certainly has balls.

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You would think his handlers would at least ensure he could speak on current political issues. How does someone run for such an office without any knowledge of current events?

Yeah I never understood how anyone could even stand to listen to such a moron. Whenever she was given a question of moderate difficulty in any interview, she merely looked for an opportunity to steer it toward an attack on a political opponent.

I wonder if anyone will ever forget about when he served his former wife divorce papers while she was hospitalized after talking up "family values".:D

Face it guys, no matter who wins, we're screwed.

11. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Purity balls?

12. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Well played, sir. :D

14. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Phone rings at 3AM. National security crisis. Which GOP candidate is up to the task.

I don't want a massive "pause" if lives are in danger.

15. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Yes, but if phone rings at 3AM. Stoner wants a pizza. Which GOP candidate is up to the task?

I think we all know Cain's your man.

16. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Have you ever eaten that crap Godfather's calls a pizza? Based on that alone, he shouldn't be CEO of a roach motel.

17. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

We're talking stoner pizza standards. :rolleyes::p

18. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Yeah, I know. Even stoners have standards.

19. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Are you suggesting we serve America's Enemies (tm) a helping of Godfather's Pizza?
    :eek:
    Are you trying to start World War III?

20. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

White Castle burgers?

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Looks like Cain can go back to the book tour.

Georgia Woman Claims 13-Year Affair with Herman Cain

22. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

We all make mistakes, and the political games of "not agree with Obama" on any issue make the GOP race all the harder.

While I feel for Cain, he really should know the issue and not be basing his stance off what Obama did. If Obama did well, give him credit. If he didn't, explain why and what you would have done.

On the other hand, things like this keep the race interesting and give me a little hope that Huntsman might make up some ground in the polls! That's an election where I'd most likely still vote for Obama(assuming no major changes in the next year), but Huntsman wouldn't be a terrible president. Give him a democrat controlled Congress, and assuming he doesn't focus only on re-election in 4 years, we would be able to get some reasonable things based if everyone was willing to give some stuff up.

And the majority of the country would likely be happy, the tea part and OWS wouldn't be, and I'm sure laws would pass that I'd not love, but nothing crazy would pass.

But honestly, I can't see the GOP coming back to the table a reasonable players, nor can I see the democrats being willing to talk about major changes for social programs like medicare/aid, social security, etc.