Calculator Icon

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by gower2352, Aug 14, 2017.

1. gower2352 macrumors member

gower2352

In beta there is a new calculator icon. It is horrible! There is nothing wrong wit the old one. The old one is visually appealing for the purpose of the application. The new one is worthless.

Switching back to 10.3.3 until this is resolved.;)

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

You are welcome to your opinion... but the issue IS resolved, apparently, at least as far as Apple is concerned. The Calculator icon was changed early on in the beta process... the old icon is gone, and it ain't never coming back.

3. simonmet macrumors 65816

simonmet

You think that’s bad... look at the new App Store icon!

The calculator icon looks ok to me.

4. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

Previously I used to be bothered. But these days I have grown to control my mind. Power to Apple and Johnny Sins to develop the most turdy iOS experience. I will continue to use it.

5. EJ8, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Does it really matter that much? How often are you looking at the Calculator icon? You feel the need to create a thread about the Calculator icon on your iPhone 7? Maybe you can focus your efforts on more important things. And no it’s not “worthless”. It has the same amount of "worth" as it did a few days ago. I promise, just tap on it and see.

6. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Wow, are you serious? There is nothing to resolve since it is just a design decision nothing more nothing less.

7. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

Didn't you see the smiley at the end of that sentence! He clearly wasn't serious.

To be honest, I like the new calculator icon. When you tap the icon it enlarges to the size of the app and the app fits its elements perfectly in the enlarged app icon. It's a well thought off and executed animation.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

As others have said, the App Store icon looks far worse to me, but each to his own.

9. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

Yeah, looks like three sausages, absolutely horrendous.

10. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

never mind the icon, it's got a pretty bad bug which means rapid entry doesn't work - operator buttons are briefly disabled after use. i'd much rather they fixed this (reported 2 betas ago) than change the icon.

11. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

To me the App Store icon looks like 3 tongue depressors. Which is a depressing thought. ;)