Calendar icon on home screen is out of date

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bollweevil, Mar 2, 2012.

1. bollweevil macrumors 6502

Annoyingly, the calendar icon on my home screen is out of date. It is Friday, March 2, at 11:21 PM where I am. But on my iPhone's home screen there is a little square icon that reads "Thursday, 1".

This is not a time zone issue, because it is either Friday or Saturday everywhere in the world. This is not a mild lag, because it is over 23 hours late change, and counting.

I noticed after writing the wrong date on a form. Since then, I have been noticing the problem often. The only surefire way to update the date is to reboot the iPhone. Syncing to my Mac doesn't do it. Locking and unlocking doesn't do it, nor does swiping to the next screen and back.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Details: iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, not jailbroken, nothing fancy

2. normanbates macrumors regular

A hard reset may help, hold the sleep/wake button and home button until the Apple logo appears (ignoring everything else that pops up)

3. betterdays macrumors member

Same problem here, the calendar icon is often one day late and at midnight it skips to the real date. Sometimes, the date is trailing 2 days in a row, like today. Maddening.
    My iPhone is jailbroken on 5.0.1.