Calendar in Menu Bar of OS X Yosemite

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Nduhukire, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Nduhukire macrumors newbie

Ever since I upgraded to the new OS X Yosemite, I have not been able to click on the date to see the calendar. I used to be able to just click on the date and have a snapshot of the month or year when setting up appointments in email. Now I have to actually load the whole calendar. Is there a way I can go back to that system without downloading a third party app? It was so much easier and faster.

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Are you talking about the menu bar or the email app?

3. Nduhukire thread starter macrumors newbie

The menu bar. At the very top of the screen where your wifi and battery status icons are.

4. NoBoMac, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014

NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

I don't recall ever having a calendar option for the stock date/time menu bar item, at least in Mavericks (was traveling just before Yosemite, so, was adjusting timezones via menu bar date/time item, never saw/got anything relating to calendars).

So, guessing you have/had some app installed that did such a thing. Either no longer works or no longer there.

For example, Fantastical, though no time, puts the calendar in the menu bar. But costs $$. There was a free app, Day-O, but the developer dropped support for it because he does not like Yosemite's look and is still using Mavericks.

ADD: what I do, I have Calendar as part of my Login Items, and have it set to "Hide", so, have the launch/load hit at login, "instant" access from the dock from then on.

5. Paco II macrumors 65816

OP must have definitely been running third party app. Apple has never had a their own menu bar calendar application.