Calendar invites dismissed or snoozed not syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone Russ, Mar 5, 2013.

1. iPhone Russ, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013

iPhone Russ macrumors member

My outlook exchange calendar invites dismissed or snoozed in outlook exchange are not syncing with iPhone and are not clearing off the notification screen or vice versa. I have about 5 meetings a day and this was the first drawback to my owning an iPhone verses another device and I had hoped that this would be fixed by now. For each meeting I have to clear the notification twice. This was not an issue with Android or Blackberry (I think both ALSO used active sync). Do I have a setting wrong? Is there third party software? I bet a lot of busy people use the iPhone what's the work around or solution?

Attached Files:

2. iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

3. iPhone Russ, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone use the calendar on their PC/Mac and on their iPhone?

Does anyone use the calendar on their PC/Mac and on their iPhone? If yes, do you have a solution for syncing snoozed/dismissed calendar invites on both devices? Seems like a simple ActiveSync function. It worked on my blackberry and the blackberry is a piece of crap compared to the iPhone.

4. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

I am not sure whether this will help you fix the trouble, but why don't you try syncing your calendars with CalDAV instead of with the Exchange protocol.

CalDAV is the next generation of sync and has advantages over Exchange. I personally do not sync my iPhone calendar with Outlook so I cannot be of much help there.

5. iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

If CalDav actively syncs with my iPhone and will remove the banners when the meeting has been dismissed or snoozed in outlook that would be great. I'm thinking of maybe giving this phone to a homeless person and getting a blackberry 10 or android. I have other things to do rather than clear banners and notifications because iPhone doesn't offer enough functionality.