Calendar showing some events in wrong time

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by AndyR, Jun 6, 2018.

1. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

I recently got a 2017 MBP for work to replace an old Windows laptop and I have to say I'm loving it! The only odd little thing I'm having is Calendar integration with Microsoft Exchange, where some appointments seems to appear on the wrong day for no apparent reason.

I use Outlook as my primary email client and calendar but like to integrate with Mac Calendar as the notifications are better, plus I can use my personal calendars in that as well. But strangely some appointments (sent from other people) in Mac Calendar can be a day or just a few hours out, but they appear fine in Outlook and also on iOS calendar.

I thought it was timezone but they appear fine in other apps so I guess that rules them out. Any ideas?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Is there any pattern to the number of hours they're off? Are the sent appointments from other users on the same Exchange server?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There is a time zone setting in Calendar that can do odd things like that sometimes. Do you have that enabled, then the time zone changes are getting synched back to Outlook maybe?

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.30.14 AM.png

4. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Not that I can see no. They are sent fro another user on a different exchange server, and what’s more weird is they are recurring ones for the same time every day, yet occasionally one will jump 3hrs, then another time it’s back 7hrs, then another will be fw 1hr. Odd.

Only happening on Mac calendar too.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I decided a while back not to use my Office 365 calendar at all and I haven't seen this particular issue mentioned.

If you're only using the Office 365 calendar in the macOS Calendar app for its notifications you might get by and have it work better if you add it as a read-only calendar in the Calendar app. The sharing to get this working would be done at the Office 365 web portal. You need to send the sharing to another email address...not one in your Office 365 organization. It can be a different email address you already have or you could just set up a "burner" email somewhere, that you can abandon, just for this one thing. A calendar sharing email will be sent to that address. There should be a line in that email that states, "Having trouble viewing the calendar? Try adding an Internet calendar and providing this URL." Copy that URL and use it to add a subscription in your Mac's Calendar app. This definitely works...but you'll have to see if your time and day anomalies disappear.