calibrate macbook screen, external monitor or both?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Canonman, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Canonman macrumors newbie

Here is what I am doing:

I work on the macbook between 90min-2 hours throughout the day. At home, I hook up to a twenty-four inch monitor that I had calibrated through a Windows based system and complete my work. Now the files that I am working on are being processed through the macbook but viewed on the external monitor. I don't really care about the calibration of the macbook because the work that I am doing on it without the external monitor is really not color related i.e. removing scabs off of children, removing hair off of the face ect, but I need the final image to be accurate before it is sent off to the lab. So, what do I need to do? Calibrate the macbook and the monitor or just the monitor and if just the monitor can anyone walk me through this, please?

I know I could "search" but switching over from windows has been an experience and honestly, I am tired of "searching". Speaking of searching, I am still trying to figure out a way to sync my Dell x50v to the macbook, anyone? I know the x50v is old but it is the most solid piece of windows hardware I have ever owned and it still "just works".

Thanks

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If I were you, I'd calibrate the monitor via the macbook the same way I would the internal panel.

Either that, or buy a calibration tool that clips to the monitor and then calibrate via the software.