jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Bit ironic considering first-gen immigrants tend to make up most of the anti-vax/anti-medicine crowd. Doctors can barely get your typical white American in for their HPV vaccine let alone this.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Not surprising... At this point would it not be easier to just sell CA to Mexico? The dump has to be worth a few pesos right?

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
I marvel at those who think that tax cuts would boost the economy but having a healthy population won't.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
The “dump”
Yes.. Do you think we'd be able to get Mexico to buy it for say 10 Pesos? Covert the sale proceeds to USD and plop it down on the debt.....

Works for me... If they won't offer up the 10 pesos then maybe sweeten the deal and offer them a free big gulp....

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
Yes.. Do you think we'd be able to get Mexico to buy it for say 10 Pesos? Covert the sale proceeds to USD and plop it down on the debt.....

Works for me... If they won't offer up the 10 pesos then maybe sweeten the deal and offer them a free big gulp....
Well, considering that the GDP of California is larger than the GDP of Mexico and Canada combined, that seems like a really dumb thing to suggest.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Nothing for anyone born here or for the elderly?
Nah.. Screw em! Ilegal criminal aliens who had the ability to climb a fence before all others!

Have you not been paying attention? Saying otherwise makes you a racist and an xenophobe!
[doublepost=1562774722][/doublepost]
that seems like a really dumb thing to suggest.
Yeah I know since CA is going to outlaw Big Gulps we'd have to modify the offer..... Maybe 5 pesos and a medium gulp would do the trick tho....

Rhonindk

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2014
watching the birth of the Dem WTH Party

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
I would rather live among undocumented immigrants that have their health in check, vs them not being able to afford regular visit, and too scared too visit the ER for fear of being deported.

I don't want common or uncommon contagious infections to be more than usual. And the more people that don't medically take care or themselves, the worst off it is for everybody.

Reactions: NightGeometry

pshufd

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I would rather live among undocumented immigrants that have their health in check, vs them not being able to afford regular visit, and too scared too visit the ER for fear of being deported.

I don't want common or uncommon contagious infections to be more than usual. And the more people that don't medically take care or themselves, the worst off it is for everybody.
Great insurance coverage doesn't guarantee that. Great medical care doesn't guarantee that.

MA has the best insurance coverage and the best medical care. It's also has the longest and worst flu season in the country (CDC Flu Map). Unfortunately it bleeds into NH. It also requires education to use your medical care when you need to. I'd argue that we need to take pressure off people to work so hard as it encourages sick people to show up for work. This is a big problem with fast food (ask Chipotle about it).

Reactions: Rhonindk

larrylaffer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
Los Angeles
Nothing for anyone born here or for the elderly?
Citizens in low income situations already quality for Medi-Cal. This simply extends the program to undocumented youths. The elderly have access to Medicare.

No wonder california is broke.

We need to help mother nature sink that s***hole into the ocean.
California has a $21.4 billion budget surplus. This "s***hole" as you call it is the fifth biggest economy on the planet. But hey, thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you backstage!

Reactions: NightGeometry

pshufd

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Citizens in low income situations already quality for Medi-Cal. This simply extends the program to undocumented youths. The elderly have access to Medicare.

California has a $21.4 billion budget surplus. This "s***hole" as you call it is the fifth biggest economy on the planet. But hey, thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you backstage!
California has $246 billion in underfunded pension liabilities. They use accounting fictions to state that they are funded that everyone knows is fiction. Chicago is ahead in that pension spending is a big chunk of city spending and will only grow exponentially. IL, NJ, CT, CA all have growing liabilities that will eventually consume their revenues. Which means that taxes will have to grow faster just to pay for pension costs. This is what they have with a ten-year expanding economy. Imagine if we have a recession.

Source is the Public Policy Institute of California.