California gun sales up ahead of new gun control limits

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Dec 28, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/28/california-gun-sales-up-ahead-of-new-gun-control-limits/
    kept my stuff instead of selling, NO I am NOT complying anymore with their stupidity.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I feel for you. I can't imagine living in a state that constantly restricts the Rights of others. Not to brag but my state has done the opposite.

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

4. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Paranoid laws for paranoid people. It never stops being poetic.

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

'Tis what our country is all about!

I mean, we just elected someone whose whole platform was based paranoia!

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

how is it "paranoid" when the laws PASSED?

7. daflake, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016

daflake macrumors 6502a

daflake

All they are doing is arming their citizens with these stupid laws. Good job Cali, way to push guns into the hands of your citizens. :)

8. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I think he/she may be referring to the lawmakers as paranoid.

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I’m saying both sides are paranoid and both could paint a compelling picture as to why.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

stupid is more like it D:

not paranoid when the laws have passed.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

So how many of these same law makers that think these laws work also support sanctuary cities?

12. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

Ridiculous. These laws don't do anything but limit the rights of the folks that, frankly, have no interest in harming other human beings.

13. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I wonder how many of the gun manufacturers lobby FOR these gun laws. All they do is make their profits soar.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Dig up Bill Ruger and ask him how supporting the '94 ban worked out for him.

15. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Ratcheting up your arsenal as a result is paranoid behavior, not saying you specifically. As if marauding criminal hordes are going to come for your now defenseless ass because of these more restrictive gun laws.

Cause a majority of people who are here illegally are highly armed criminals? Is that your connection and angle?

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

No, but you just made the point whether you know it or not.

Some politicians make up laws thinking they will work then support those who break the law.

17. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

A very smart thing to post publicly in the Internet.

Welcome to the word of criminality. Play stupid games...KNOCK, KNOCK...

18. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

Is it asking too much for me to inquire which state you live in? I'm in South Carolina.

19. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I won’t argue with that but there is a big difference between trying to prevent people from living here who weren’t lucky enough to be born here and trying to prevent people from getting killed.

Part of government’s job is to look at current laws and see if they need to be revised, repealed, or new laws need to be created. Times change and no modern nation should be “Here’s the rule book from 200+ years ago and that is that.”

20. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Ohio. We've had open carry for as long as I can remember, admittedly I wasn't a "gun person" until I my early 20's. With in the last 15 years we got state preemption that erased city bans on "assault weapons". We got CHL(the state calls CCW Concealed Handgun License). We've got Castle Doctrine that includes your vehicle. Lowered training requirements on the CHL's, no NICS check with CHL's as long as they were issued past a certain date. And our governor who I despise on a National level but okish with on a state level John Kasich just signed into law more pro-gun legislation that will take effect in less than 90 days.

21. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

Wow, that is some pretty pro-gun legislation that you guys have up there. That's awesome. I'm not familiar on the specific gun laws outside of my own state so it's always refreshing to hear about pro-gun legislation in other states. Things are pretty lax in South Carolina as well, as you could imagine.

I've certainly come to appreciate guns as I've gotten older (in my 20's). I think that it is remarkable that we live in a country where anyone and everyone has the right to bear a weapon to protect themselves if they so choose.

I absolutely resent the fact that there are people out there that want to harm others. It honestly pains my heart. But the fact of the matter is that that is a heart problem, not a gun problem. And if someone wants to harm me, I like to know that I can defend myself adequately if I need to. You know?

Besides -- going and shooting guns at the shooting range with your buddies is a ton of fun. :D

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yeah we are moving in the correct direction in my belief. I semi-follow other state laws just to see how well we have it here. I know there's nothing that would make me want to go to Cali(might make an exception if I get to see @jkcerda :oops:), New York or New Jersey. Heck I still have 45-70 in my door pocket from when I went hunting two weeks ago, pretty sure that would land me some jail time in one of those 3 states. I have family in NC and was shocked that they have to pay a fee for a pistol permit each time they buy a pistol.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

come on over,,,,,,,,,,, :D
    --- Post Merged, Dec 28, 2016 ---
    please define "arsenal". had 8 different guns at one point. all had their own purpose

24. bent christian, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

I will leave that to law enforcement professionals. I prefer to let them take on the criminal elements of society [you].

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]
    get a warrant :D