California store clerk set on fire

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Gutwrench, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'm speechless.

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...eaves-burney-area-residents-reeling/95776678/

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

That's messed up. If it was a personal attack that will narrow down the range of suspects immensely; I hope the victims family gets the gift of justice during this difficult time.

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

5. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Take it to another thread, pls.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Crime happens all the time, in a variety of forms, some more appalling and atrocious than others.

But what are we supposed to debate here? There can't possibly be any members here who'd argue that setting an innocent store clerk on fire is a good thing.

Crime bad! Fire bad! ARRRG!

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.55.39 AM.png

7. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I don't see debate, argument, or controversy a requirement in creating a thread.

I seen a lot of crime in my life but this one struck me as incredibly appalling.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

even pepper spray would have helped here, thoughts with the family.

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

The death penalty was made for people like this.

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is a joke not real.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 23, 2016 ---
    no it was made for people that actually kill. but I know lets be like the Muslims you hate so much.

11. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

The forum is awash in Trump, Clinton, and election trash. Please deposit yours there.

See above.

This isn't making sense to me. The clerk died. The crime is particularly heinous and the malice afore thought seems obvious. California does have capital punishment and I think special circumstances here warrant it.

12. BorderingOn macrumors 6502

Sad some people can't see beyond their own prejudices (the examples you quoted). There are people out there not compatible with any society. There is simply no justification for doing this to any living creature, especially a fellow human. Removing him from society isn't about punishing him but protecting others. It is warranted if the story is true.

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Steven isn't one for details.

14. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

We only have capital punishment on paper in CA. In reality getting a death sentence just means you will get more fan mail and marriage proposals while you are locked up and die of natural causes.

15. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I understand your feelings. I was at the Q for Robert Alton Harris.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I just missed the last sentence.

17. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I don't think that is the only thing you missed.

18. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

19. 1458279 Suspended

You mean the important one where someone actually dies? Yes, you 'just' missed the last sentence and they whole point of what was being said and they whole point of someone pointing that out to you and the whole point of you defending it afterwards and the whole point of bring religion and politics into a thread like this.

Other than that, yes, you got 100% of everything else right. it's kinda like getting every question on a test wrong and pointing out the one question you got right... the one that asks for your name...

Anyways, for the rest of us. I have at least two concerns here concealed carry or some other protection and the concealing of identity.

The person that's still alive was concealing his identity and the dead person wasn't concealing any weapon. Change either one of those and you probably change the outcome.

20. steve knight, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

-------
    get off your high horse. yes I missed one sentence. yes made a joke but I am sure you never have. and I know how pdggp seems to want to kill all kinds of people or have them killed.
    did you lecture Boxergt2.5 since he made the first one and mine was countering his and mine was actually not very political since it was so far off the base.

21. 1458279 Suspended

I didn't lecture BoxerGT2.5 because it wouldn't have gotten the same response.

Actually my point wasn't so much about making a joke, but the important part afterwards which involves self-awareness and self-correction, where you opted for self-defense.

22. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I support the death penalty for murder, rape and pedophilia for sure.

If people know the end game and they do the crime, they are essentially killing themselves so there's no blood on my hands or anyone else that supports it.

23. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

California law allows a person engaged in lawful business to have a loaded firearm within the place of business if that person is over 18 years of age and not otherwise prohibited from possessing firearms.

From start to finish it was over in fifteen seconds. It might not have made a difference in this case. But I wish it would have turned out differently.

24. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I have watched you say pretty much the middle east deserves the death penalty and of course hood rats.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 23, 2016 ---
    Bull I missed it and I am so used to pdqgp wanting hoodtrats to die it is a pretty logical conclusion. I may not have said it if I saw the guy had died.

25. pdqgp, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Any radical terrorist or enemy combatant yes and any punk who threatens or attacks a LEO, no cares will be given when they win the Darwin award; correct.