Call me a stickler, but...Fundamental flaw when searching messages

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by DJAKO, Nov 9, 2011.

1. DJAKO, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011

DJAKO macrumors 6502a

I've had every iPhone since the 3G and since then I've been dillagent with my backups and have been able to keep all of my text messages over the years. It's always nice to be able to go back and find an old text message if you are trying to reference something.

What I dislike the most is how hard Apple makes it to search old text messages. I'm referring to the "load earlier messages" at the top of the messages app.

For one, you need to load these earlier messages before you can search something that belongs in an older conversation.

And secondly, Apple makes it so hard to go way back and load earlier messages if it's with a person who you message a lot. The only solution is to keep hitting "load earlier messages" over and over. Even by doing that, it's very sluggish and cumbersome.

Does anybody else see this an a problem? What's the point of keeping all these backups if it takes 15 minutes to load everything and find what you are looking for.

Sorry for the rant, I was just hoping that by now Apple would've come up with a better solution than it has now.

2. chris566 macrumors regular

I noticed that too. It's no fun at all searching for a particular message. I thought I could go to spotlight search and find messages, but it didn't find the SMS that I was looking for. Maybe it was too old of a SMS. It would be nice if Apple simplified this task.