Call me an idiot, I paid $660 for a cricket i-phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ls40095, Jul 1, 2012.

1. ls40095 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

No, Theres no outage in my area. The phone worked flawlessly for one day., one glorious day after plopping down $554.60, plus another $105.93 for the Apple care....Its the network and it sucks and I knew it but i took the bait and bought it...Its Sunday and Im surfing the web and getting unable to load messages, all of this after 3 hours and 7 Indian cricket operators who keep repeating steps 1. turn your phone off and on. 2. turn on AP mode for 30 seconds then off and 3. Go into general network settings and reset them.

Now I'm hearing, The problem is the iphone was never tested on Crickets network before launch.
    The engineers had to discover after launch what issues there are when they normally get a new handset a couple months ahead of launch.
    I was told this week that the network is seeing iphones as flashed phones so in order to allow them 2.5 gb as advertised they had to remove the throttle for all flashed phones until it's fixed.

What a joke, its just I knew it and the jokes on me. At least talk and text still works, just like an old flashed phone!

2. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Every new technology seems to have growing pains. Its difficult to get thru them at times.
    I'm sure Cricket will eventually get through it all and you'll be a happy pappy in time.
    Keep your chin up, you'll be happy enough in time. Until then, always look for wifi hot spots.

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I don't believe for a moment that the iPhone was not tested on the network thoroughly before launch.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Since your iPhone should be unlocked why not switch to another provider in the mean time.

6. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

OP aren't you still in time for a return. You should be able to return the iphone and cancel the apple care plan and get your refunds.