'Call me old-fashioned but I tend to think of people with penises as men': british author Ian McEwan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SHNXX, Apr 23, 2016.

1. SHNXX macrumors 68000

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Segregate the bathroom by penis/vagina instead of male/female. Everyone is happy.

3. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

I agree, but only if the trans-sexuals pay to have the bathrooms re-labeled.

4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The easiest way to end gender doubt is to look in your undies. :) Transgenderitis is a psychiatric problem, not something to cater to in law.

5. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Agree completely. I cannot believe what we are doing with this transgender thing. Why does the masses have to cater to the fringe? That's not majority rules. It's all about the majority coddling the extreme fringe. That's so wrong and backwards. Sorry if you're transgender. Life dealt you a tough hand. Play it and tough it out. But don't make the rest of us suffer because you can't figure out what gender you are. Geesh.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

The title pretty much sums it up.
    This is in the UK.

The inmates have taken over the asylum.

I had to google "non-binary" - it appears to be newspeak for sexually confused.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Bathrooms are setup to be convenient based on biology, if we segregate by that then you don't even need to touch the issue and the liberals will go find something else to complain about. Well that is unless some people think they have a ghost penis.

8. rdowns, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Oh, you poor thing. I hate to see others suffer. I can't imagine how much this suffering impacts your day to day life. We better find you a safe space quickly because you toughing it out would be an abomination.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why worry who uses which bathroom.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2016 ---
    Rich white old man has outdated opinion. News at 11.

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

In a democracy, it is often said that the strength of a civilized society depends on the treatment of its weakest, most vulnerable, etc. Usually that means "the poor". That is what differentiates true democracy from "populism", where only the majority vote is given any consideration. Besides, if you were thrown off the island would you be so complacent?

However, the waste of time, money, and material resources to replace millions of signs is outlandish. Transgenders have not been ripped off by a sign or by the people who put it there. Nobody knows unless the medications or make-up aren't working and if people really take time to analyze.

Transgenders identify with one gender over the other. And I, like many if not most, couldn't care less if there's a transgender coming into the bathroom, I mind my own business when washing hands and I don't look under stalls - unlike representatives of the political party that has more issues with sex issues and claiming to be family values despite getting caught with too many un-family friendly antics (like getting caught looking in bathroom stalls in airports, and so on.) Do people believe transgenders get off of looking under stalls? Why not look and find out? Oh, wait- that just means the wrong people would be guilty of looking or, if it could be worse, what if the transgender is looking back ;) ? :D

Lastly, please don't tell us to agree if we don't. Or are people too worried to be seen as narcissists if they say "I agree completely"?!
    It's more interesting how more and more wedge issues are being put out by the media while issues far more critical to society and what humans can easily do remain hush hush after a certain point. Which isn't to say there isn't positive progress to go along with other issues either...

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

So you going to look in all the guys undies volunteer are you?

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I see this come up on Mac Rumors a lot recently and I'd really like to know how this means other people suffer? I'd be interested to know how some men would react having a transgender woman walk into a male bathroom. It would be awkward and uncomfortable for the woman, not to mention risky.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Probably more to do with a grown man/woman whipping his penis out in a girls bathroom. Doesn't exactly make you want to send small children in to public restrooms.

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

cause it is a huge issue before the law it will be even bigger after. myself I think you would worry more about a gay guy seeing your junk and laughing.

15. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Children use both gender bathrooms in Europe so it's irrelevant here. Plus the whole point of transgender is that the person doesn't consider themselves a man/woman.

What about a transgender person that has had the full transformation? Are they less likely to sexually assault children if they don't have a penis?

Is it ok for gay men to stand by the side of you at the urinal?

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Some people don't want to send their 4-8 year old little girl into the bathroom with a full grown man who is confused about what gender he is.

Not sure where the gay comment came from, I'm not even sure how you tell someone is gay by them taking a piss? Do they do a special flourish at the end?

Did this suddenly turn into a gay topic and I missed it? Why would I care about a gay guy with a penis seeing another penis? We are talking about young girls being sent into the girls bathroom with grown men.

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

But on the flip side ....... You might have women which are rape or domestic violence victims that don't want transgender women(born male) to be in the women's restroom, just based on feeling uncomfortable.

18. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

just pointing out where the fear should be. the fear of a guy showing a penis to a little girl in a bathroom is almost nill far more likely to happen in a house with a friend of the family or a family member by a huge margin. we love to go out of our way looking for the boogyman when he is right beside you smiling.
    because they know how? not like women show their junk around in stalls while peeing.

19. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Let's be real. It's freaking obvious the majority of the time.

20. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

What is your objection with segregating bathrooms by biological genitalia?

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Why would a transgender woman be any more of a risk to a little girl than a person who is born female? Women paedophiles exist yet many feel it's safe to assume.

And I'm not sure why you are worried about transgender people and what you assume they are going to do to you children.

If a transgender woman enters a bathroom and has all the same urges and attractions as a biological female, then I'm not sure why a little girl would be at risk.

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Many parents don't want their 4 year old girl seeing cocks in the girls restroom. May be blunt, but that's pretty much the only reason people are against this transgender movement. As a parent of a toddler I can say I understand the rationale.

24. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

What if the transgender woman has undergone the full transformation? Many transgender people fancy those of the opposite sex or in other words the same sex before they transform.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think they'd feel a lot more uncomfortable if a transgender man (born female) was in the women's restroom.

Besides - even if you have been a victim of domestic violence or rape you can't feel uncomfortable around all men who make up half the population.