Call of Duty 4 - Can't find cfg file? No problem!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SyncFx, Feb 27, 2011.

1. SyncFx macrumors member

Alright so I just got my Macbook pro a few days ago(4 days to exact) for Video/Audio editing school which I start in April, but anyways, I got the mac early wanted to game, so I bought CoD4 for mac right away.

Everything runs dandy besides the stupid mouse Acceleration, which I disabled with iMouseFix, but still can't seem to disable the slow down when I slow down(anyone know what I mean or how to fix?)

However I've been playing CoD4 alot on PC and had my personal cfg for multiplayer, I wanted to re-create it(transfer from PC to mac), but could not for the life of me find the file location for the config. So I did some googling, some searches led to this site, acutally a lot did, but could not find the answer, as most replies where I can't find it as well.

So I did some digging around and found the location:

Open up Finder and go:

Places/username*/library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/players/profiles/username*/config_mp.cfg

* : username is your name on the Mac I believe, its under Desktop anyways, and the second username is your profile name in CoD4.

hope this helps some people.

2. SyncFx thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for double post, but if anyone is curious to open CoD in window mode

Select it in the dock and when it bounces to load up, hold command + D

This will give you the option to have it in window mode.

3. Astra92 macrumors newbie

I haven't had any luck figuring out how to find/transfer over a profile in OS X Lion. Anyone figure this out?