Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pricej636

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Florida
Just a FYI, Call of Duty 4 in the App store is on sale for 24.99. Originally 49.99. Not sure if its going to stay this way or not but makes it a little easier to pull the trigger on buying it.

6GB download though!

MyDesktopBroke

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
I paid 9.99$ on steam for Cod4 and 3.99 for Cod2.

Cool story bro. I got mine free when I wrote for Aspyr's blog (yes, bro, this too is a cool story).

><

Unfortunately, it was just a sale. It's back up to $49.99 today. It's good to know they're going to do periodical sales, though.

I wonder if CoD4's constant spot in various App Store top 10s (grossing, overall; grossing, games; top paid, games) will encourage them to port any more Call of Duty games?

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
That's still rather pricey for a game that age. And for a version of that game that doesn't support 3rd party mods without complicated workarounds and is still buggy on top of that.

Sorry Aspyr, it's a poor attempt to sell sloppy software.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I played it and even though I paid full retail it was worth the price. At least collectively, it sends a message to the developer that Mac gaming does exist and they will get paid.

Haven't seen any bugs but I am too much of a newbie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.