Call of Duty Elite premium membership worth it?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ViolentHero, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ViolentHero macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Is it really worth $50 just to get new MW3 maps earlier than non-subscribers? What if my subscription expires? Do I still get to keep the maps?

2. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

It's really only worth it if you're a real fan of the latest CoD. The Elite page itself is only so so. Waypoint does it just as well if not better, for free. It's true worth is in the fact that you get all the maps at a cheaper price, as well earlier. After playing Battlefield 3 in the early weeks, I decided I would put my time in CoD, and I would be getting all the map packs this time.

Having gotten Elite when it came out, Sledgehammer gave a nice XMas gift in a free extra prestige token and 2 hours of double XP. Nice little bonus. If Activision is sincere in it's 9 month release plan, they are going to make financially advantageous to have an Elite membership.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Right now, it's not.

If you want to get all the map packs, it'll be cheaper for Elite. I have no idea if you get to keep them once your subscription runs out though. Good question :confused:

4. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Sorry. Forgot about this question, but it is answered on their website.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/toolbar/faq.html

As far as getting it now, if you do want the maps early, the first DLC is offered the 24th, in 2 weeks. Non premium Elite members will get the DLC ( I believe it's actually 2 maps this time and some Spec Op content ), sometime in March.

5. Maverick513 macrumors member