call your at&t store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmeadejr, Sep 17, 2013.

1. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

call your at&t store. my partner and i was setting up are game plan for friday and we called are at&t corp store to get a quote on the trade in value for are phones. she was very helpful, but she told me. they where only getting the space grey color in and that if you wanted the other colors you had to do a special order there at the store. so apple store here we come..

2. rmeadejr thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

why do you think that?

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Because they told you ONE color and it was a corporate store. My guess some workers don't want crazy lines at that store.

4. rmeadejr thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

gotcha, but i have the feeling she was telling the truth, cause she told me what time people started to line up last year and such. and with all this talk about shortages, i'm not willing to take the chance.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

A good lie always has half a truth. I recommend you call them up again tomorrow and see what they say. My guess is she already knows the white ones are in low quantity and she and the others at the store might want first dibs on them.

6. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Those workers are paid on commission, most times. If anything, one would think that they would "bend the truth" in favor of getting you into their store so that they would have the opportunity to sell you something. Not give you information that would push you to another outlet. But what do I know.

7. rmeadejr thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

good idea, thank you very much. plus i will call the corp store the next city over.

8. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

THANK you for posting this! I'm planning to purchase my iPhone 5s from AT&T, so I will definitely call them tomorrow morning.

9. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

In the AT&T stores that I consult for, the employees that have employee lines are not permitted to get the "latest and greatest" phones until supply has caught up with consumer demand.

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

AFAIK the commission for iPhones it's not great.

----------

interesting... so what happens if they have stock on first day of the colors they said at that store they didn't have or maybe for family & friends they save the ones they want in the back.

Also, a corp store w/ only one color for the 5S sounds very fishy to me...

11. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

This is very true. It's pretty low relative to most android phones. Still, though, there is money to be made on insurance, accessories, etc... If I had a sales person working for me that bent the truth to avoid too many lines at my store, that sales person would be gone faster than you can say Samsung. People = potential sales. No people = no money.

----------

Hard to police accounts that are consumer accounts and not employee accounts. But typically the store and/or regional managers make it known that if the employees are trying to stash phones for personal use, heads will roll. The idea is to meet customer demand first.

With Verizon, it used to be a lot more enforceable prior to the 5 when the phones used ESNs or IMEIs. If someone tried to put an "iconic" device on their employee line prior to the okay from Verizon, their line employee line would be terminated and converted to a full price consumer account. Quite a punishment considering some employee lines run about $25/mo for 1500 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited data.

12. rmeadejr thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

i read some where that the white and gold iphone will be hard to get. maybe apple is saving those phones for there stores.

----------

i found this...

9to5Mac's Mark Gurman claims three of four units shipped to Apple Stores will be the new Space Gray color -- gold and silver options will be more difficult to come by -- while phones meant for AT&T's network will be more plentiful than those for Verizon. He also says 16GB and 32GB models will be in greater supply than 64GB units.

13. rmeadejr thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

just got off the phone with 2 more corp at&t stores in my area and all of them will only be carrying the space grey iPhone 5s....ugh

14. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

or not. There might be sales numbers that support the notion that the darker models way out sell the lighter ones so ATT didn't order the others. Or perhaps Apple didn't offer them for the first round, wanting to keep those in house on launch day. perhaps to be mean, perhaps to better gauge demand. who knows

15. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Yep same here, stop by and talk to the manager of an att corp where I got all 5 of my iphone there. He said there will be stock available but only the grey color. Looks like I'm waking up at 3am and ordering my gold one online

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Interesting release this will be then. I can imagine the first guy on the line waiting since god knows when and then they open and he says he wants a gold one, they say no, then he says silver, they say no, then he says 64GB one, and nope, then the guy kills them all lol.

17. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

LOL. Probably true. I'm ordering online after reading this thread.

18. rmeadejr thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

it sure is going to be interesting. i wonder what verizon, sprint and t-mobile are getting?

19. Joe1 macrumors newbie

I called my local store near pittsburgh and they said they have no idea how many they will get and all they can guarantee is that they will be getting at least one on Friday.

20. carelesswhisper macrumors member

I called one of the ones here (in central Texas) and the woman I spoke to said as far as she knows, they'll be getting in all 3 color options but they have not received a shipment yet and that it'll probably be tomorrow or early Friday morning.

21. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

Walked into local AT&T store.. told me they're not getting any colors besides space grey at launch.. I wonder if Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, or any other stores besides Apple will get White/Silver or White/Gold.. Because those are the colors I want..

22. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

IF... that's a big one.

If the carriers are not getting white? Target, Best Buy, etc are definitely not.

23. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

the att online rep said the stores are only showing up with 16gbs in north hollywood

24. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I'm going to call my AT&T store at lunch today and see what they say and maybe head up there before they close and see what's up. If I get any hint of them maybe not having enough 64gb grey...apple
    Store pre order for me then.