CallBar kicks me off Bluetooth - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Aug 9, 2013.

1. TH55, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013

TH55 macrumors 68030

Other than to turn it off?

The CallBar tweak, which replaces the traditional outgoing/incoming call screen with a bar at the top of the screen, works wonderfully in freeing up your screen while on the phone and still maintaining full access to in-call functions such as speaker, hold etc.

However, when I have it turned on for outgoing calls, and I attempt to make a hands free call in my car, it kicks it off Bluetooth.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No, but I am guessing here that you are either on Verizon or Sprint, right?

The two models of iPhone for those carriers cannot do voice and data at the same time. So, my speculation is that you are making a call and since this is the case Callbar is thus shutting off Bluetooth.

Purely a guess here and if you are on AT&T which has an iPhone model that allows both voice and data then obviously it's something else.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I am on AT&T. It switches to CallBar for outgoing calls and kicks it off Bluetooth however does not do this for incoming calls. Not sure why exactly.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OK, I was just guessing. No idea why it would do this. I have Callbar as well and have never experienced that. However, I don't use Bluetooth so I can be completely sure.

Have you tried emailing the dev through Cydia?

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Actually I accidentally deleted my Cydia app when trying to uninstall an app. I've been searching for his email online but can't seem to find it. Do you still have Cydia? Could you possibly get me that email address?

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

callbar@limneos.net

You can reinstall Cydia I believe. It's a DEB package that you place in a startup folder. Might ask in the jailbreak section.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Weird, I though JB was always better that stock.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Great, thx alot man.