Called Sprint to unlock, reset phone, but didn't receive unlock message.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mds, Feb 13, 2013.

1. mds macrumors 6502

Title pretty much says it all. I called to unlock my Sprint 4S. They unlocked it for me and told me to restore my phone. I did that, but didn't get any kind of 'congratulations' message. Searching yielded mixed results with this. Does anyone know if not getting the message means my phone isn't unlocked? Is there any way to test it? I'm leaving the country soon and need my phone to use international sims.

Thanks!

Mike

2. pbateman macrumors 6502

You don't always get the message, my gf got her ATT iphone unlocked a few months ago and we restored it but did not get the 'Congratulations' message. I tested it with an international SIM I use for traveling and worked with no problem.
    Not saying this is necessarily your case but its a possibility it really is unlocked without getting the message..
    You can always restore again, in my own phone which is factory unlocked, out of all the times I have restored I have gotten the message about 80% of the time so sometimes i get it sometimes i don't

3. mds thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, thats helpful. Is it worth restoring to see if I get the message?

4. keitarou macrumors 6502

You won't get that message. I didn't get it either. The only way to tell is to insert an international sim and sync with itunes.