Calling All Chicagoans....

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
as leekohler and i started discussing over in BlueVelvet's thread, a get together of chicago MacRumor members would be pretty cool...

who here would be intersted in such a get together?
any ideas for what we could/would do?
meet up for tiger's release at the Michigan Ave store?

toss your ideas around and we will see what comes of it

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
PlaceofDis said:
as leekohler and i started discussing over in BlueVelvet's thread, a get together of chicago MacRumor members would be pretty cool...

who here would be intersted in such a get together?
any ideas for what we could/would do?
meet up for tiger's release at the Michigan Ave store?

toss your ideas around and we will see what comes of it
I like the Tiger idea, but I'm moving that weekend. :( Hmmm...ideas guys!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
perhaps something closer/over the summer when the weather is much better here, would be easier to get together and hang out outdoors and whatnot rather than trying to find some place, bar, whatever to all go to

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
leekohler said:
Yes-we could all maybe meet at the Apple store and go from there. What do you think? On a weekend of course.
weekend definitely, and this gives us plenty of time to organize it and get people involved as well, meeting at the Apple store would be great, comfortable atmosphere too

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
I grew up in Dundee, but now live in Minnesota. I do have some family and friends in the area and may be interested if it's on a free weekend.

avaja

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2005
Sheecahgo
Night of the Tiger get-together sounds interesting --- be neat to match face with forum personality. Short bus ride down the inner drive to the Apple store for me.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
The place will be a mad house on the day of the Tiger release - way too many people and most likely a line to get in. It would be better to choose a day that won't be as crazy and make it a more hassle free event.

D

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Mr. Anderson said:
The place will be a mad house on the day of the Tiger release - way too many people and most likely a line to get in. It would be better to choose a day that won't be as crazy and make it a more hassle free event.

D
Guys-we already killed the Tiger release day idea. I'm moving that weekend. We did think it would be cool to meet up at the Apple store another time and go from there.

cyanide

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2005
Chicago
sheesh guys... i mean.. i have lived in chicago my entire life.. the week i move to cincinnati and THIS happens... i am appalled.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
cyanide said:
sheesh guys... i mean.. i have lived in chicago my entire life.. the week i move to cincinnati and THIS happens... i am appalled.
then come back just for this!!!!! haha

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
cyanide said:
No offense, but why in the world are you moving to Cincinnati? I spent half my life trying to get out of Ohio. :)

And yes, you must come back for this!

cyanide

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2005
Chicago
i actually love it here in cincy. its a nice change of scenery. im in west chester, where were you located?

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Traffic Scary

Whelp - could be cool, but I don't do Chicago traffic. And after over a year of spending 5 hours a day commuting on a train, I have an irrational fear of trains as well. But, if we get a Joliet area contingent that can meet down near a corn field (joking) with one brave soul who can drive downtown, I'll be in. :)

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Noted

zimv20 said:
chicago traffic's not that bad... as long as you stay out of my way :)
I'll keep that in mind. :)

Very nervous driver. I don't do one-way streets, either. They *really* scare me. I think they're unnatural. That's not the way the gods meant for roads to be built. :p

Had one accident just as I was heading into "the tunnel" a few years ago. Got hit in my back corner, smashed against the right wall, back across all 5 lanes to the left wall, and a couple over to the right before stopping. Luckily, traffic was light and the people behind me avoided me. I came out fine, but the minivan (and my Apple sticker) weren't so lucky. I think that's why Apple gives us 2.

If noone's out this way, I guess I can iChat with you all from one of the suburban stores. ;)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
cyanide said:
i actually love it here in cincy. its a nice change of scenery. im in west chester, where were you located?
I'm glad you like it. You couldn't get me back to Ohio in a wooden box though.

I live in the north side.