Cambridge Galleria, Cambridge MA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by nxfxcom, Jun 20, 2010.

1. nxfxcom macrumors regular

2. drznesty21 macrumors newbie

My cousin and I have reservations. I called the Apple store at the mall today and I was told to contact the mall security. I will be doing that tomorrow to see what time they will be opening up etc.

I want to be one of the first ones there in case there are a few white iphones available. So 3am or 4am? Not really sure until I call.

3. drznesty21 macrumors newbie

Mall security says they'll open up at 4:30am.

4. jinjo235 macrumors newbie

Just went to cambridgeside...

So I just got home from CambridgeSide Galleria and as it turns out, the Apple Store there is planning on setting up barriers for a line right after they close at 9pm. I then decided to hunt down mall security and the gentleman I spoke with said that a security person will be there all night since the Apple employess will actually be there all night as well so people can actually starting lining up post-close!

Very excited!

I'll be there then!!

5. FrenchVanilla macrumors newbie

Annnnd I can confirm that... :)

6. absolutegreen macrumors newbie

I called mall security and they let me know no one is staying over in the mall, but will open the doors at 4:30am.

7. indieJones macrumors newbie

Do you think there's any point in getting in line without a pre-order? They probably only have a handful to sell but it's possible right?

8. absolutegreen macrumors newbie

This is probably what everyone wants to know. I'm guessing Boylston St will have the most on hand for non-pre-orders.

9. drznesty21 macrumors newbie

Get there early (4:30am at the latest) and you'll have a pretty good shot at the units available for walk ins.

10. SangLad macrumors newbie

If one made a reservation to pick one up, is there a separate queue to pick up the iPhone 4?

11. drznesty21 macrumors newbie

Based on a conversation with an Apple Store employee, there will be two lines. One for reservations and one for walk-ins.

12. powerpants macrumors newbie

hey, anybody there?

thinking about coming out around 6, think i'll have any chance for a walk-in?

13. myi123 macrumors newbie

Hi there. im in line right now. I got here at 10 PM and I'm one of the first ones in line. There are only about 10-15 people in line right now, so its a considerably better option than bolyston street.

14. elguapo02145 macrumors newbie

How deep iabthe line right now? 225am

How many people are in line now?? I'm planing on showing up around 6:30-7 am is it worth me going around that time is the line going to be out of control??

15. myi123 macrumors newbie

probably around 25 people here now. I'm assuming that most people will start showing up past 4:30

16. drznesty21 macrumors newbie

Ok so I'm here and there's 13 people in the reservation line and 20ish ppl in the walk in line.

17. absolutegreen macrumors newbie

Here now about 20ish people in front of me and around 30ish or 40ish people on line for non preorders

18. elguapo02145 macrumors newbie

No more iPhone 4 for walk in!!!!!

A apple rep just came to where I'm standing and said that they can not guarantee an iPhone 4 after this point (where I'm standing) and that they are more welcome to stay ad wait but there's no guarantee of getting one today!!!!!

19. Mosco macrumors regular

Anyone know how the reservation line is looking?

20. absolutegreen macrumors newbie

ouch, that's bad. i actually got one, i was waiting in line since 4am