Camera always on at sign on screen after find my phone lookup.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hugh, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Hugh, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

I misplaced my iPad so I brought up the find my iPhone via iCloud on a computer, I told it to ping my iPad, so I could find it. LOL. But here's. The thing, now the camera is always on at the sign on screen (unlock screen). How do I turn off the camera once and for.....

Hugh

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

If all you want to do is turn off the camera, you do that in settings -> restrictions -> create and verify passcode and you are then able to turn off the camera and facetime and several other things.

3. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

This still didn't turn off the camera, restrictions where not enabled. There has to be a way turn off the camera at sign on screen. I don't understand why it's turn on now, this isn't the first time I've use the tone to find my iPad..... :confused:

Hugh

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

What do you mean the camera is always on? How can you tell that it's on? Do you not see your locksreen where it says Swipe to Unlock?

5. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

At the swipe to unlock screen, there is a camera icon in the lower right corner. It wasn't there before I did the ping, also if you hit the icon it shows what the front facing camera shows. :confused:

Hugh

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It has been there since iOS 5.1. There is nothing wrong with your phone. What you are seeing is on all iPhones and iPads on iOS 5.1 or newer. Did you update your phone? Or perhaps you didn't notice it before. It is completely normal.

Pull the icon up and it fully unlocks the camera.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That icon was always there -- you probably just didn't notice it before. It's a quick way to open the camera app so you can take pictures quickly. If you don't touch the icon, then the camera isn't on.

As for it showing the front camera, you probably flipped the camera app to the front camera at some point and haven't flipped back. When you are in the camera app, look at the top right corner, and there should be an icon there you tap to switch between the front and back cameras.

8. Rodster macrumors 68040

My bad, I didn't pickup in the OP's post this was about an iPhone. :eek:

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not your fault, I thought at first that OP was talking about the camera on their computer. The OP's posts could be clearer.

10. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Sorry for not being clearer on what I was saying. If the icon has been there all this time and I didn't notice it, wow. Now I feel dumb for not seeing it before. :eek:

Thank for clearing that up for me! :)

Hugh