camera bug????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gapperonduty, Jan 30, 2012.

1. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

If you take a photo with the camera, you can see that there is a small preview at the bottom left...

now when you touch that small preview to take you to the photo app, and then DELETE that picture and return to the camera app by pressing the blue camera icon at the bottom left again, the small preview still shows the previously taken picture, even though it is no longer in the album.

pressing home to exit the camera app, and open the photo app, and delete the photo from there, and reopen camera app again, the preview still shows the previous pic that is already deleted...

The only way to clean out that small preview is to close the camera app through the multitask switcher...

may just be a small bug/annoyance for some, but I think it's a worthwhile headsup for others who might use the camera for sensitive picture (loving picture with gf/wife) that you don't want others to see accidentally...

EDIT: Iphone 4, 5.0.1, jailbroken

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. cynics macrumors G3

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I noticed this too.

I don't think it's a bug. I think it's MAGIC!

5. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

hahahha ok...I am surprised this doesn't bother many people...

imagine taking a sensitive picture, then thinking that deleting the picture in the album removes its trace, not realizing that the next person to use the camera app can still catch a glimpse of it in the small preview window...

oh well! I guess everyone is more careful than me !:)

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

If you close the Camera app from the Multitasking Bar (Double Press the Home Button) and then reopen it, the thumbnail will update.

I'd imagine that's enough for the times when people really need to clear out a "dodgy" photo.