camera on 5S vs 5C

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kristoffer4, Sep 13, 2013.

1. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

I wonder how much better the camera will really be. I quiz it will be better in low light and using flash bit other than that I doubt a huge improvement.

2. ABC5S, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

One gets the Slow Motion as well with the 5S. Better larger sensor always helps so me thinks it a good thing to have. Give it some time, and someone will do a comparison to look at..

This is on Apples Store site:

"We knew we could go one of two ways: Simply add more megapixels for the sake of marketing a bigger number. Or keep the megapixel count at 8 but add a larger, state-of-the-art sensor.

A larger sensor allows the individual pixels to get larger. And larger pixels, not more pixels, mean a better picture. So iPhone 5s has an all-new 8MP sensor. One that’s 15 percent larger than before, with pixels measuring 1.5 microns. We also increased the aperture to ƒ/2.2. All that adds up to 33 percent greater light sensitivity. That’s significant, because more light gives you better, brighter images with even more accurate colors. And the new True Tone flash intelligently figures out exactly how much light your shot needs."

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

4 to 4S was a HUGE improvement
    4S to 5 was slight improvement

Looking at the specs and improvements, I think this will be the biggest improvement yet.

Having said that, the iPhone 5 camera, and therefore the iPhone 5C camera, is a very good camera in it's own right.

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

From looking at the specs the 5S will have the better performance in lower light. Less crowded sensor that is larger with larger pixels is a big plus when lighting is less than ideal. That "grainy look" in low light will not be eliminated but there should be less.

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Good read BAT. Like this part..

"Unfortunately, cameras from many other phone companies like Samsung and Motorola simply don’t match up to the quality of images coming out of the iPhone"

They mentioned Nokia with the 41 MP camera as being very good however. Really don't want one of those. Glad I will stick with the iphone 5S